Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:02 PM
geraldtf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

WHAT IT SAY AND WHAT I DO IS DIFFERNT ,I DO NOT USE 6TH TILL OVER 65!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
07RoadKing
Stage IV

Great I picked up my 07RKC even asked the dealer about the new trans and eng he said no trouble at all now I see that there is I only have about 500 miles on it have not heard any thing yet. But will be on the look out for it just hope my trans does not lock up at any speed.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:45 PM
kv4eg
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Just checked the bracket mentioned above trans and yes mine was somewhat preloaded.Mind you that everything was cold.I will let you know later on today of results.Lugging motors I can agree with but noise is there above lugging and due to air noise the rpms are lowered to hear this better.
Yes please do let us know how this turns out. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "preloaded", but if it just involves a minor adjustment I certainly would like to know!

Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great!

Glad you found the problem Rick. Now you can stop all the yapp'n.

Call the MoCo and tell them you have solved the mystery.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:36 PM
eddybo69
Road Master

LMFAO That was funny, but seriously I see that you would just rather everyone with any input bow out so you can bitch about your bike and wait on someone to fix it for you. If it were my bike with a problem....oh nevermind, just bitch away. Good luck to everyone else. I am sympathetic to your plight and just wanted to let you know what I heard. All I can verify is that the guy has an 07 and the pipes and what he says. I hope he is right.

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! THE NOISE......... IT IS A HORESHOE!! from a amish buggy,,, trapped underneath hittin the belt and primary,,,, everyone go out and remove your lucky horeshoe,, ,, it made my lottorey #s hit last night! Im worth bazillions,,,,, I gained 37%more HP by no more friction,,and I can cancel letting my buddy weld on my "BUNG"!
....SLAP!!!!!!!!!...{wife---"get off the dang puter, get dressed and take me ridin!!!!}..... yes dear! see ya fellas

Old 09-17-2006, 04:37 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Out again this am and I can honestly say not as much noise,maybe this thing has more than one cause.I have the rattle still but only when lugging motor,whine still there of course.The noise to me is in my primary.Sounds as if tensioner wont stop whipping of chain enough to say stop it from contacting new style primary cover.Again this is my guess.The rear pipe attachment at trans bracket when loosened caused pipe at that point to jump.I allowed pipe to stay in this spot and tightened it down,went for a long ride-couple hrs-.I now dont have the knock I described as the kickstand hitting the primary sound.My exh wasnt touching anywhere that I could see prior to adjusting and still dont.Checked the attach point again while engine,exh was still hot and pipe never moved when loosened again.I guess the dealer is going to have to look inside the primary and I will demand that something be changed.Overall things are looking better than what the last two dazes have been.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:00 PM
07RoadKing
Stage IV

Just went for a ride to see if I could hear any thing. The only time I heard any thing is when the Eng lugged just went down a gear and had no trouble. Don't know maybe I got lucky and mine is OK will keep an ear out but I will be getting with my dealer and ask some ?

Old 09-17-2006, 05:57 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Docpoof,,, yappin,, am I yappin again,,, god dang meds must be expired again, if ya want me to stop yappin why didnt ya say so , I know when I yap to much, I know when to stop yappin, if no yappin tis what ya want ,,, no yappin it is,,,,heaven forbid if my yappin cant be tolerated,,, dont let my wife know I'm yappin, she thought wee had this licked! ,,,,,,,,,,, lol

Old 09-17-2006, 06:00 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

eddybo,,, hey bro,,, that wasnt my intentions,,,, sorry if I offended ya,,, if i didnt feel I had a prob I'd be ridin... in the mean time I'm like you, checkin out whats up with everyone else,,,,, and decided to add a little humor,,,,,alls well

Old 09-17-2006, 06:05 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick...It's time to go up on your Adderall.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?