Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:39 PM
jimijet
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

oh one more thing the rep had the dealer remove my primary and pull the compensator sprocket to see if that was the noise for 6th. I saw someone else thought the sound came from there. But all that was found was new parts and no problem. Now if the compensator was rattling why would it only be 6th gear. Once again smoke up ones butt. I just crossed over 1000 miles and oil in motor has been changed,trans twice and now primary. Wonder if I can skip the 1000 mile check up? not!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:38 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

jim,, havnt you been falling along this thread,,,, its us!!! we dont know how to ride on of these here motersickles,,,, ya shift into 4th at 60 5th at 95 and 6th at 130 mph, unless your going downhill then stomp on the throttle with your heel, drop and roll for reverse cruise on airport runways, leave your wife and baggage home, drink vodka through a straw, and sleep with your sister,,,,,, no more problems,!!! sheeeeesh, we should have known!!!!!! lol

Old 09-17-2006, 12:56 AM
jimijet
Novice

ya I know . I'am just feeding the fire. Don't undersell yourself. HD will have to make this right. They cannot make one transmission howl and another don't unless they haven't had their tolerances checked in awhile in the machining of all these gears. I'am not kidding on the demo that can be in 6th under 55 with no rattle. I tried my best to lug it and it wouldn't so go figure. go to your dealers and bitch!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:15 AM
ClinesSelect
Tourer

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

jim,, havnt you been falling along this thread,,,, its us!!! we dont know how to ride on of these here motersickles,,,, ya shift into 4th at 60 5th at 95 and 6th at 130 mph, unless your going downhill then stomp on the throttle with your heel, drop and roll for reverse cruise on airport runways, leave your wife and baggage home, drink vodka through a straw, and sleep with your sister,,,,,, no more problems,!!! sheeeeesh, we should have known!!!!!! lol
I'm pretty sure most people now realize there are some problem bikes out there that need to be fixed or bought back if they cannot be fixed.

...and you're supposed to shift into 4th at 65....not 60.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:35 AM
geraldtf
Advanced

IN MY 07 MANUAL IT SAID 6TH AT 55

Old 09-17-2006, 01:40 AM
geraldtf
Advanced

ON YOUR SIDE RICK ,THOSE WITH NO PROBLEMS ,YOU ARE BLESSED , THOSE WITH ,HOPE H-D HAVE THE B**LS TO FIX THEM.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 AM
geraldtf
Advanced

CLICK ON MY LOGIN NAME AND DO WHAT I HAVE DONE ,POWER TO THE PEOPLE! GOT TO HOUND THE HELL OUT OF THEM AND TELL THEM WE LET THE BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS COVERUP,

Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 AM
eddybo69
Road Master

The clatter noise I think everyone is hearing may be caused by the exhast bracket that is attached directly to the tranny on 07 touring models. Spoke with a guy who had the problem, he welded o2 bungs in a set of hard chrome t-rex true duals for use on his 07. He claims the noise completely went away and that he cannot recreate it. He still has the 5th whine, but says that it is normal for straight cut gears. I tried today over about 250 miles and I cant get any noise. Good luck guys.....but some of you are lugging the crap out of your engines......no matter what the manual says.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:07 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! THE NOISE......... IT IS A HORESHOE!! from a amish buggy,,, trapped underneath hittin the belt and primary,,,, everyone go out and remove your lucky horeshoe,, ,, it made my lottorey #s hit last night! Im worth bazillions,,,,, I gained 37%more HP by no more friction,,and I can cancel letting my buddy weld on my "BUNG"!
....SLAP!!!!!!!!!...{wife---"get off the dang puter, get dressed and take me ridin!!!!}..... yes dear! see ya fellas

Old 09-17-2006, 12:15 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just checked the bracket mentioned above trans and yes mine was somewhat preloaded.Mind you that everything was cold.I will let you know later on today of results.Lugging motors I can agree with but noise is there above lugging and due to air noise the rpms are lowered to hear this better.

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?