Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tranny probs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:12 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,843 Likes on 1,599 Posts
Default RE: 07 tranny probs?

Send me your 6 speed and I'll trade you for my five. Should be safe and law abiding then.

lp

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

OHHHH BOYYY,,, so now were gonna have a bazillion motersickle deaths,, cause all these new retired aged, 07 harley owners, gonna be riding around the country at 70 and 80 miles per hour just to enjoy there new 6 speed!!!!! good work , harley%$**&*&%ing Davidson,,,
lets all go out and get our 16 yo kids new six speeds while were at,, we need them doin 90 mph,,, life is gettin sweeter by the minute!!!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Budz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OHHHH BOYYY,,, so now were gonna have a bazillion motersickle deaths,, cause all these new retired aged, 07 harley owners, gonna be riding around the country at 70 and 80 miles per hour just to enjoy there new 6 speed!!!!! good work , harley%$**&*&%ing Davidson,,,
lets all go out and get our 16 yo kids new six speeds while were at,, we need them doin 90 mph,,, life is gettin sweeter by the minute!!!!!
The fact that you have a 6 speed does not mean you have to shift up through 6th every time you go through the gears. I have a LS1 that has a 6 speed. I rarely use 6th except on interstates. Around town I may not use 5th gear. I can live with that. That's the way it is supposed to be operated. Problems need to be addressed IF there are engineering issues. 6 Speed box is good stuff if driven properly. Stupid/ignorant/unskilled people kill people, not gear boxes.
I guess I disagree with you on this.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:51 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick...just because you have 6 gears doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Between 55 and 60 I'm in 4th - 5th. I'm usually in 5th until about 70 or so then will go to 6th.

You think that if you are going 55 - 60 you need to be in a particular gear?

Maybe you should of settled for 5 speed then.

Like I said - the majority of the noises come into play when you are lugging the engine or in too high a gear for the speed you are traveling.

Match the engine RPM with your speed - remember that? Who gives a crap about what gear you need to be in at what speed.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:08 PM
LockNut
Cruiser

You do realize that there are roads here in America that are 65 and 70 mph?! So are you saying that "all these new retired aged, 07 harley owners" should not drive the speed limit if it is 65 or 70?

Old 09-16-2006, 09:01 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On mine I can be doing 90mph,come off the throttle to maintain that speed,slowing inch back into it and the rattle is there.Its in the primary,no question.This is in 6th gear.5th will do it also but at lwr mph.It must be my tensioner or primary cover design.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
ClinesSelect
Tourer

To add to a prior post, you do realize that some states have highways with 75 and 80 mph speed limits, don't you?

Old 09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow,,,,, I guess I lost that battle,,,,,,,, I give,,,,,, you guys win,,,,, just a min..... ok Im back, yup,,,, again your right the elctra glide ultra crotch rocket,,,,is sittin in the gargge,,, Hey Honey!!!!! no more harley puttin the back roads,, we are super highway from now on,,,,, where can we buy the full race leathers?wait,,,, any retirement homes for sale next to them 90 mph highways???? cause apparently anyone in the north east shouldnt be buyin a ultra,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe im at the wrong thread again, wasnt this tranny probs?

Old 09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick if you don't like the loud Harley maybe you should get one of these seem to suit your needs : CLICK :http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...7/goodbike.jpg

Old 09-16-2006, 11:10 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my bike,,,,,, I just happen to be one of the ones with a screaching noise, and there are a bunch that agree with me,, as I look around there not here at the moment...... you should see all my emails,,,,, lots of peeps aint happy,, but were workin on it

Old 09-16-2006, 11:30 PM
jimijet
Novice

just dropped off the keys at my dealer this morning on my 07 ultra. He ask me what would make me happy? He offered up a new transmission but hd only standing on the 1 extra year on warranty to cover for bad o ring in oil pump that sumped the motor. I asked for 75,000 mile warranty on motor plus a transmission that doesn't howl in 5th. They now have a test ultra but it howls in 5th also but you could put that 96er in 6th at 52mph and throttle up and is is super quiet, no lugging here. So what gives on these 07's. Some do some don't. It don't make sense. And all of you that are telling everybody to remove lowers or windshields to mask the noise are nuts or are hd reps. ha How about remove the handlebars and lean to the right so you won't hear it! a little sarcasm! I will keep you informed on what they offer up

Quick Reply: 07 tranny probs?