Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've changed to a shark nose

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea i like that shark nose but i like mine better LOL enjoy

Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the frenzy!

Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Are you considering doing a painted inner fairing? Nothing makes an RG pop like a painted inner fairing. If you do, warn me ahead of time so I can be sitting down when the beauty hits me!
I did that on my Ultra Classic and really liked it, so I'd like to do it with my Road Glide also.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:26 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

We also have an '06 Ultra, and took a test drive on the '11 Road Glide Ultra at Sturgis.

The only complaint I have with my Ultra, is the blast of wind between the upper and lower fairing that hits me in the knees. It's not a problem in the summer, but it's hell on arthritis in the fall and spring cool air.

The Road Glide Ultra had a completely still pocket around me....to the point I wondered if it would be too hot in the summer, as opposed to the our current bike's too cold in the fall/spring. There was no flow of air hitting my knees.

We took our test ride about 10:00 am, and going west out of Sturgis, there was no way I could read any of the gauges on the Road Glide, due to the sun shining at their angle in the Sharknose fairing. I've never had that problem on any bike I've owned.

Comments, anyone? I'm really interested in the new Road Glide Ultra. Does anyone make a windshield, for instance, with a vent in it for hot days?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MNPGRider

Comments, anyone? I'm really interested in the new Road Glide Ultra. Does anyone make a windshield, for instance, with a vent in it for hot days?
ClearView makes one.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks! Here's some pics I took at the demo rides at Sturgis.

Attached Thumbnails I've changed to a shark nose-p8090013a.jpg   I've changed to a shark nose-p8090010a.jpg   I've changed to a shark nose-p8090011a.jpg   I've changed to a shark nose-p8090006a.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Aslan
Road Master

Congratulations. Welcome to the family.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
I love the ride! There is more difference than I thought there would be.
Please share ! What's the plus' and minus' of the Ultra Vs the Road Glide Ultra?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
The Road Glide Ultra had a completely still pocket around me....to the point I wondered if it would be too hot in the summer, as opposed to the our current bike's too cold in the fall/spring. There was no flow of air hitting my knees.
I feel air blowing up from under the fairing at the gas tank. In fact, HD makes a new FLTR wind deflector kit that in their words, "reduce and redirect the air flow that rises between the fairing and fork tubes. The resulting reduction in updraft can dramatically reduce the buffeting for many riders." It is part no. 57000063 on page 343. Costs $30. It comes standard on the CVO RG Ultra. It looks like it will be easy to install and remove as needed. I plan to install this accessory.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the "Shark Tank"

Quick Reply: I've changed to a shark nose