Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pc iii usb

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
fyrdude
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pc iii usb

I have a 2001 RKC with Screaming Eagle slash slip-ons and a Big Sucker breather. After all the pops and crackles, and the heat this summer I finally got a PC III USB for the bike. My problem is after installing it and looking thru all the maps, I can't figure out which one I'm supposed to use. There are maps for German or European models with SE slipons and an aftermarket air cleaner, (and those mention 2 cut outs)... but nothing else that I can find. Does anyone have a simular set up? Any success with any certain map?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same situation: no PCIII USB maps have my hardware combination. I did pick the map that shows the SE AC and V&H Oval slips, which is close since I have the SE AC, but not those slipons. That particular map is too lean for me between 2500-3500rpms because when hot, I get detonation. I am also getting 40 mpg, which confirms my lean assessment. I didn't think the type of slipons would make really any difference, maybe it does, or these canned maps run lean?

I thought about manually enrichening the fuel map in that range, but have no idea how to do that. I probably just need to spring for a dyno...

Last edited by sargek; 08-25-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:59 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

go back to their web and look at the pcII , it tells you how to manually tune it , you do the pcIII the same way for manuel tuning

Old 08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

OK, thanks. Pretty sure I've seen posts by iClick here that show doing this as well so I'll search a bit more too.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
flyer91
Tourer

I'm set up similar to you guys, with the old SE breather (K&N 4 bolt), Fullsac TD's and SE slip-ons with fishtail tips.
These tips close down to 2" and I wasn't sure which map to run so I called DJ.
They said to run the 322 (I was thinking 328) and the bike runs good and stays at about 215º, with no decel pop (haven't checked mileage yet) so if you haven't called them yet I recommend you do.

I have the DJ touch screen LCD display on order and will mount it on my bars (basically cuz I'm a gadget junkie, and want to have a tach that doesn't negate using my windshield bag ...... and besides, it will cosmetically balance my GPS mounted on the other side of the bars).

But more importantly to the subject of this thread ........ I'm also considering the Wideband Commander I interface, with it's O2 sensor and the bung for my application (which will need to be welded into the exhaust as per it's instructions).
This will allow me to use the data logging of the LCD to document the actual fuel ratios at different throttle positions.
The LCD can accept up to a 1 gig SD card to hold the data.
Then I can use that data to see where I need to adjust to get to an optimum FR of 12.8-13.2:1 through all TPs.

I can then set a few maps up for what will cover the spread on both sides of the target FRs (adjust the map numbers +/- as needed) and then when riding, change those maps "on the fly" via the LCD and watch the FRs to see what map is getting me closer to the ~13:1 FR across the TP range.

As indicated ..... I'll have my LCD mounted to my handle bars and use it's touch screen to select the maps on the fly, but you can also get a mom. switch that will interface with the the Power Commander system to switch between maps while riding, if you don't want to mount the LCD on your bars ...... but since it's weather resistant, heck ..... who wouldn't want it up there?!?

Last edited by flyer91; 08-25-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Thanks for the tips flyer - that's funny, my buddies kid me because I am an IT guy, but hate gadgets. I still have never used the radio, CB or cruise on my Ultra except when the wife wants music. I like the bike's music better...and I have so far been able to avoid buying headsets so she can talk to me while we are riding. Riding should be an escape from that

Old 08-25-2010, 02:04 PM
flyer91
Tourer

I have a Mustang solo on my '99 RKC, with a Motherwell rack 'firmly' bolted (and locktite'd, to the fender) so I don't have the option .... nor need for the intercom.