Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I'm pissed....(FLHX Seat Screw)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Now I'm pissed....(FLHX Seat Screw)

I'm a pretty patient guy. I can deal with alot of stuff that aint right and take it in stride. I let alot of stuff roll when it comes to crazy Harley stuff that the MC does to us.

I'm actually "used to" snapping my seat's rear fender nut off every 2000 miles because they are made of crap material. I just go to the dealer and say "hey Charlie I need another one of those fender nuts cause another one sheered off......

I buy another one, and a spare......and I pay and pay for this crap nut and never say a word to the MC.....

They are all still made from the same crap material as the very first one that sheered off....BUT...I just keep buying them...(no choice I guess)

Well last week when my last one sheered off it was at the begining of a 6 hour ride and I didnt notice it was shereed off until hours later (again)....

So I must have ridden about 2 tanks worth before I noticed the FREEKING DENT in my rear fender where this nut goes in the fender.....

Never before did I ever get a dent due to this happening but this time I noticed a thumb sized dent in my fender where this screw goes into this nut.

Of course I'm out of warrenty on a 2009 FLHX and I'm assuming that the MC is not going to cover this dent......I'm really pissed and just venting now before I compose myself and call the MC in the morning.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so how did you make out with the motor company?
THanks

Last edited by Gliden; 08-23-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: cant spell for nothing
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

That was the whole deal with the seat bumper kit service bulletin on all 09-10 FLHX/FLTR's

Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
RED RUM
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
I'm a pretty patient guy. I can deal with alot of stuff that aint right and take it in stride. I let alot of stuff roll when it comes to crazy Harley stuff that the MC does to us.

I'm actually "used to" snapping my seat's rear fender nut off every 2000 miles because they are made of crap material. I just go to the dealer and say "hey Charlie I need another one of those fender nuts cause another one sheered off......

I buy another one, and a spare......and I pay and pay for this crap nut and never say a word to the MC.....

They are all still made from the same crap material as the very first one that sheered off....BUT...I just keep buying them...(no choice I guess)

Well last week when my last one sheered off it was at the begining of a 6 hour ride and I didnt notice it was shereed off until hours later (again)....

So I must have ridden about 2 tanks worth before I noticed the FREEKING DENT in my rear fender where this nut goes in the fender.....

Never before did I ever get a dent due to this happening but this time I noticed a thumb sized dent in my fender where this screw goes into this nut.

Of course I'm out of warrenty on a 2009 FLHX and I'm assuming that the MC is not going to cover this dent......I'm really pissed and just venting now before I compose myself and call the MC in the morning.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so how did you make out with the motor company?
THanks
I think I read a warrenty issue on that....they will replace the fender.......Keith

Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

M1273 is the bulletin

Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Gliden
Club Member

Never got nothing on that Dawg.....
I got the gas tank mount thing.....

The dealer knows me and knows I'm busting these things off like every 2 K and never said anything to me....do you have anything that might make them fix my fender? LOL

Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Click the link I just posted above

Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

How the hell do you break off a seat nut? I weigh 250 lbs. and ride pretty hard and have never broken off a nut.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

I'd start by taking the service bulletin Dawg posted and show it to the service manager. Make sure he knows the parts guys has sold you several seat nuts and see where it goes.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Gliden
Club Member

WOW.....Holy crap.....I can't believe it....Thanks alot!

I guess the only fight is that I'm not under Warrenty and this thing say's you have to be under warrenty.....

I'll give it a shot. Thanks Dawg! Thanks Keith....

Old 08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Gliden
Club Member

OK will do....

How do I break these things you ask...LOL

I dont know....I'm 6 feet 230 Lbs.....Not like I'm 300 + or nothing..(not that theres anything wrong with being 300 +....but they just sheer off.....

The head that sticks up through the fender hole just says ADIOS in about 2 K mikes..

I ride all highway pretty much and ride long hours so there is alot of me pushing my feet on the pegs repositioning my *** so it dont hurt so bad....

Probably has something to do with the squirming around on long jaunts....otherwise I dont know..

Quick Reply: Now I'm pissed....(FLHX Seat Screw)