Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!

Problem Resolved

Last edited by C908; 08-27-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, misread the OP.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:02 PM
inverse121
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Take your seat in to an upholsterer nothing.
If the dealer doesn't take care of it call the BBB or file a complaint on line about your dealer.
And mail your Secretary of State's office and lodge a complaint that they are not honoring the service bulletin with a copy to the GM of the dealer in question.
Watch how fast it gets fixed.

Unreal.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I totally don't understand what the problem is unless the dealer doesn't take care of you, you are assuming the worst before anything has happened, give them a chance

Old 08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully on Thursday the dealer will step up and take care of this as they should. If they don't you should call the HD Customer number again and ask them to file a formal complaint.

I would also file a report with the BBB but don't expect them to do anything because they won't but it'll be noted against the dealer. You should contact the Attorney Generals office and get a complaint filed there.

I wonder if the dealer swapped the correct seat off your bike onto another bike.

Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

I say see what the dealer does and then call the moco back. talk to someone different. if they still aren't co-operative then ask to speak to a manager. this doesn't sound like they have a leg to stand on.

cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

service bulletin?? have a link?

cass

Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
After discovering last friday my Ultra Classic built in May 2010 had the old style seat instead of the new low profile seat I approached my dealer with the seat and service bullentin.The response was like they new they had been caught in selling me a new 2010 bike with the wrong seat. I have no proof of that just the feeling I got.They had a twin to mine on the floor built 3 months before mine but it had the low profile seat like mine should have.They were unwilling to swap seats and take care of me on the spot.I asked them to order me one and they reluctantly did but wouldn't say how they planned on taking care of me.I decided to call Harley's Customer Care # 414-343-4056.I explained what happened and ask them if the dealer doesn't take care of me will you assist me.The answer was NO you need to take that up with your dealer.I said if the dealer turns out to be the problem why would I want to continue dealing with them.I also reminded her I have a copy of the service bullentin explaining bikes built after 01/18/2010 get the new seat and mine is 05/2010 and I didn't get the seat I was suppose to get.She ask me where I got the service bullentin and I told her off the internet.Once again she said take it up with your dealer so I advised her I would share this information on the forum to let others see the type of customer service I received.The seat I ordered is suppose to be in this thursday so I will see if they do the right thing and take care of me.If not I will take my original seat to the upholstery shop and get it cut down.I have the Harley survey laying on my desk waiting to see how they take care of me before I complete it.I will update later with the results.
You purchased the bike. I assume this bike had a seat installed on it when you agreed to purchase the bike. You did not mention this "issue" before you paid for it. Now, after the fact - you want a different seat for free.

What am I missing here?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
After discovering last friday my Ultra Classic built in May 2010 had the old style seat instead of the new low profile seat I approached my dealer with the seat and service bullentin.The response was like they new they had been caught in selling me a new 2010 bike with the wrong seat. I have no proof of that just the feeling I got.They had a twin to mine on the floor built 3 months before mine but it had the low profile seat like mine should have.They were unwilling to swap seats and take care of me on the spot.I asked them to order me one and they reluctantly did but wouldn't say how they planned on taking care of me.I decided to call Harley's Customer Care # 414-343-4056.I explained what happened and ask them if the dealer doesn't take care of me will you assist me.The answer was NO you need to take that up with your dealer.I said if the dealer turns out to be the problem why would I want to continue dealing with them.I also reminded her I have a copy of the service bullentin explaining bikes built after 01/18/2010 get the new seat and mine is 05/2010 and I didn't get the seat I was suppose to get.She ask me where I got the service bullentin and I told her off the internet.Once again she said take it up with your dealer so I advised her I would share this information on the forum to let others see the type of customer service I received.The seat I ordered is suppose to be in this thursday so I will see if they do the right thing and take care of me.If not I will take my original seat to the upholstery shop and get it cut down.I have the Harley survey laying on my desk waiting to see how they take care of me before I complete it.I will update later with the results.
First; lets see if the dealer takes care of it or not. I would call back Harley CS if they don't; I had called them and they were pretty nice, so it could have been the person you spoke to.

As far as having your original seat re-worked; don't bother. I had that old style seat on my '09 and had MCC redo it. While they did the best they could and it was a lot better the new "low" seat was what I needed. Alan at MCC told me (an a lot of others as well) that he does the best he can do with the old style but they are just a poor design and there isn't much that can be done. Don't waste your money having the original altered, get a new low seat or go aftermarket. For a while Harley was selling the new "low" seat for about $150 list and dealers were discounting them to about $130

Old 08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by inverse121
Take your seat in to an upholsterer nothing.
If the dealer doesn't take care of it call the BBB or file a complaint on line about your dealer.
And mail your Secretary of State's office and lodge a complaint that they are not honoring the service bulletin with a copy to the GM of the dealer in question.
Watch how fast it gets fixed.

Unreal.
Ditto...well maybe except for the BBB, if they are not members it really doesn't matter, but the other things yes!!!
Terry

Quick Reply: My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!