Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:17 PM
wrongway2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

c'mon now..........you haven't told us if the low seat feels better or not...

It'll now give you the cash you were going to spend on having your seat re-worked to go toward new exhaust huh???

Glad everything worked out for you. The dealer did the right thing.

Greg

Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't you feel a little silly having started all this and now with one word it's fixed?

The MOCO has a heart though people rarely wait long enough or look deep enough to find it.
In the case of the seat change, my dealer told me he had authority through Harley to replace the earlier high seats even though they were installed before the change.
He also had authority to do the opposite for people who are taller and found the newer seat to be too short.
Your dealer may have exchanged the seats from a showroom bike for someone else rather than go through proper chanels. Nevertheless Harley and your dealer had a fix before you even asked for one.
I hope you plan to say ten nice things about your dealer now to make up for the public thrashing you gave them. And it wouldn't hurt to bring them cookies and milk...

Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jberg
Don't you feel a little silly having started all this and now with one word it's fixed?

The MOCO has a heart though people rarely wait long enough or look deep enough to find it.
In the case of the seat change, my dealer told me he had authority through Harley to replace the earlier high seats even though they were installed before the change.
He also had authority to do the opposite for people who are taller and found the newer seat to be too short.
Your dealer may have exchanged the seats from a showroom bike for someone else rather than go through proper chanels. Nevertheless Harley and your dealer had a fix before you even asked for one.
I hope you plan to say ten nice things about your dealer now to make up for the public thrashing you gave them. And it wouldn't hurt to bring them cookies and milk...
yes, come on a public forum and bash HD MOCO, your dealer and their personell..I hope you write them a letter and send a copy to HD letting them know the fine treatment you have gotten.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
yes, come on a public forum and bash HD MOCO, your dealer and their personell..I hope you write them a letter and send a copy to HD letting them know the fine treatment you have gotten.
Well said. I can understand the OP's first gut reaction of I'm getting screwed, but you do have to let the dealership have some time to make it right.

Way back when, I worked at a car dealership. New car or used car - it didn't matter - sales guys would pilfer from one car to the next to make the sale.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
gwvulcan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see the vertically challenged have been compensated...I think this is why Napoleon started wars, people weren't jumping up and down the minute he complained

Guess, you check your merchandise before you leave the showroom floor and not post negative comments about dealers until they have had time to try and resolve you issue...

No go out an ride and quit b$%tching!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:36 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

OK guys I admit I was to quick to judge. I guess I should of had a little more faith but sometimes it's hard in the times we live in.The seat feels fine and I'm ready to ride.I think I will put some 4 inch Rineharts on now that I have the seat issue resolved.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
OK guys I admit I was to quick to judge. I guess I should of had a little more faith but sometimes it's hard in the times we live in.The seat feels fine and I'm ready to ride.I think I will put some 4 inch Rineharts on now that I have the seat issue resolved.
Glad it worked out for you.

Suggestion: Use the edit function on your first post and either delete it or post in bold letters at the very top that your problem was resolved and you were treated well by the dealership--no point in having someone read your unfortunate rant and be misled about your dealer or MOCO.

You aren't the first to jump the gun and you won't be the last; but you can correct what you did with the edit function.

Carl

Old 08-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad it was resolved...no biggie....forums are to vent and praise...people will let you know how they feel one way or another too...all goes with the territory of public posts

Dawg

Old 08-27-2010, 06:25 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker

Now are you telling us that you fully inspected your new bike in and out before you wrote the check? Yeah right!
Well.... as a "poor boy".... yes... I'm forking over 20 large... I'm gonna look over every inch of the vehicle. Once I take possesion, and roll out the lot, it's mine, and I have to "prove" the damage was there, when I bought it

Originally Posted by C908
Glad it worked out for you...... now go bring a dozen or more donuts in the next time you go to the dealership. They don't have to know you started to "bash" them, just know you appericiate their efforts. (it might ease your next complaint)

Edited to add: I remember this story, while reading another thread.....
I bought this 2005 FLTR, in Dec 2007. out date warranty sold AS IS...... the photo on the web site had the detachable sissy bar, the bike I bought did not. I took possesion, and rode it home. I down loaded the photo, so I could post a picture. That is when I noticed the photo showed the bar. I sent an EMAIL to the dealership, thanking them for a pleasant experience, and praised the salesman. He was by himself that day, and very busy. I then mentioned the bar.... I got a phone call, telling me to come by, and pick it up. Things worked out for me.... but I figured, they'd say "sorry sold AS IS"

Last edited by skootchnc; 08-27-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:41 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Glad to know the problem is solved.
As for the OP having publicly bashed the dealer, I'm sorry but not only didn't he bash but he also didn't mention the name of the dealer so there's no bashing in my book. Last, he wrote that everything was ok now and that he reacted too fast. I don't think the OP was unfair at all.
Finally, let's keep in mind that this thread wouldn't have existed if the dealer didn't swap seats on the OP's bike in the first place. Let's not forget that the seat he had on his bike was not the factory seat and the guy who did it at the dealership knew it.
All bikes made after 1/18/2010 come with the "LOW" seat and this one didn't, although he was manufactured 5 months later.

Cookies and milk for the dealer? I think not.

Quick Reply: My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!