Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:02 PM
gwvulcan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems like a lot of hot air for nothing. You haven't given the dealer a chance to fix your problem! They ordered the seat give it time....Also, it might be your attitude that is the problem. If you went to the dealer all huffy and puffy like this post sounds they probably thought oh great another A-hole on a monday. A little kindness might go a long way in getting this resolved.

But then again it always seems like the nicer they are the more willing they are to help. There is a time and place to get bent out of shape, but not at the first instance.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
RED RUM
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not good

Old 08-23-2010, 05:07 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,093 Likes on 351 Posts

Well, the dealer here in Fay. NC wont order anything unless you pay first.....if ya didn't pay, maybe they'll do good. Who knows, give'em a chance.

If not, well, ya got some work to do......

Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

First let me say thanks for all the comments.Now let me say this to the comment on me wanting a new seat for free after the purchase.I did not buy an Ultra Classic that was built before the service bullentin and then try and wheel and deal with them.The service bullentin says bikes effected are those built after 01/18/2010 which applies to my bike built 05/2010.My seat has a sticker on the bottom side dated Aug 27th 2009.The bottom line is they owe me a low profile seat.I hope I'm wrong and they do take care of me like they should.My gut feeling is they probably sold one with an older build date and switched seats to close the deal.I have no proof of this so I will not express that feeling to them.To this point I have been nice but firm that I expect to be taken care of.I was just using the forum to vent my frustration with what I have experienced so far.As to the comments give them a chance that is exactly what I am doing before I say anything more to them.This is a family owned business in a small town and I really don't want it to get ugly.This could be a simple case of the parts manager not handling the situation in the best way.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harley Customer Service, could have explained things alittle better. They are not going to even "discuss" issues unless you have exhausted all avenues with the dealership. If the dealership does the right thing then, Closed case. If not then you can go the next step and have Harley Customer Service, deal with the local region Rep. Infact the dealerships deal with the Regional Reps all the time on issues that are "unclear" to them. Let the situation ride out. You may be suprised that your dealership will do the right thing.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a friend take the other one for a test ride, swap seats and have him take it back, problem solved. :-)

Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something at that dealership isn't right.
First off, they tried to pull a fast switch, someone did - the dealer, your salesman, or one of the techs.
Hell, could of been the parts guys. Who knows, what you do know is it happened there.
Secondly, they want to fight with you over it. You are the customer, without repeat customers, they are soon out of business.
Wait and see what happens - hold onto that Moco dealer survey.
My dealer says that anything less than "very good" they get called on it.
Could be my dealer blowing smoke up my ***, but either way your deal goes down........
Fill that survey out honestly and find yourself another dealership to deal with.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
gwvulcan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive my ignorance here, but you bought the bike in May 2010 and just realized it had the wrong seat on it Didn't you look at other 2010 models in notice the seats they had on them? So since you want the dealer to give you the benefit of the doubt, how does the dealer know your not trying to pull a fast one and swap another seat for a low profile seat. The dealer could very well think this is a scam! Hope you have proof from when you bought it that the seat your trying to return was actually sold to you on the bike. You want the dealer to believe you, but trust works both ways.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i called harley customer care one time--what a joke-they person i spoke to was going to call me back the next morning. three days later still no call. had a file number-they looked up and said they could not believe "pete" did not call me back. i was told that my horn will not work when it rains is a very common complaint. they did not care. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. what a sorry operation.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

that's what I'm talking about, creative problem solving
Originally Posted by Lawdawg
Have a friend take the other one for a test ride, swap seats and have him take it back, problem solved. :-)

Quick Reply: My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!