Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Limited 103 cid Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Limited 103 cid Dyno Run

I added V&H Power Duals, Monster Rounds and a high flow air cleaner. The dealer did the race tuner and set up. No before numbers of course but after all was installed I had 78.3 hp and 91.2 Torque. I took it for a spin and it sure sounded good. I did have three very slight backfires on deceleration after extended high rpm run in a lower gear and letting off. I was basically trying to see if it would. After the first 30 miles it was fine. Does the ecu learn? Also how do my numbers look?

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Limited 103 cid Dyno Run-dyno-run-8-19-10.jpg  
Old 08-21-2010, 04:27 PM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Look great to me, confirms my choice in putting the 255 cam in with a 103 kit. I am more than 10 higher on both numbers. From what I have seen/heard over the last year on this forum, your numbers are about right for a 103 without upgrading the cam.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your tuner used the STD standarization as opposed to the SAE standard. STD generally produces higher numbers than the SAE even though SAE seems to be the more preferred method of standards.

Numbers appear to be in line with mine and others out there with same level of mods.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:58 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Getbackonit
I added V&H Power Duals, Monster Rounds and a high flow air cleaner. The dealer did the race tuner and set up. No before numbers of course but after all was installed I had 78.3 hp and 91.2 Torque. I took it for a spin and it sure sounded good. I did have three very slight backfires on deceleration after extended high rpm run in a lower gear and letting off. I was basically trying to see if it would. After the first 30 miles it was fine. Does the ecu learn? Also how do my numbers look?
My 96" is 75/88 and that's about average from what I've seen.
Really hard to compare as dynos read different. If it feels good you should be happy.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

Yeah I figured a lot of variables would come into play. I do appreciate the feedback. I did feel some performance increase in 6th gear but overall I was more impressed with the sound. I have been riding for some 30 years and this is the first bike I had on a Dyno after upgrades.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:44 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

pretty much the same numbers as my 96 but your tq curve is a little flatter and comes on a little sooner, nice.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Without an AFR readout, it's impossible to tell if it's a good tuning. I really don't understand why more guy's don't demand their tuning service include the AFR on the dyno printout after generally paying hundreds of $s for the service. I think guy's are getting ripped off if their final print out doesn't include the AFR.

In fact I demand that I get a print out of the AFR for both cylinders. To be honest, the AFR read out is far more important than the final hp/tq #s since that's the only way to know if lot's of power was left on the tuning table or whether the tuner has the bike on the "edge" of performance and the first bad tank of gas could be it's last or whether the engine is spot on for both strong performance, reasonably fuel economy and longevity.

Guy's.... demand that you get a print out of the engine's Air Fuel Ratio that goes with the tune before you ride out of the shop. You paid for it.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Without an AFR readout, it's impossible to tell if it's a good tuning. I really don't understand why more guy's don't demand their tuning service include the AFR on the dyno printout after generally paying hundreds of $s for the service. I think guy's are getting ripped off if their final print out doesn't include the AFR.

In fact I demand that I get a print out of the AFR for both cylinders. To be honest, the AFR read out is far more important than the final hp/tq #s since that's the only way to know if lot's of power was left on the tuning table or whether the tuner has the bike on the "edge" of performance and the first bad tank of gas could be it's last or whether the engine is spot on for both strong performance, reasonably fuel economy and longevity.

Guy's.... demand that you get a print out of the engine's Air Fuel Ratio that goes with the tune before you ride out of the shop. You paid for it.

I will give them a call next week and see if they still have the information, I'm guessing the answer will be no. Anyone know of a good tuner in the Houston area?

Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Getbackonit
Anyone know of a good tuner in the Houston area?
You just got it tuned and your looking for another tuner?

Try Danny at Danny's Cycle's in Montgomery. He tuned my bike and I'm very happy with it. Over 60,000 miles since he tuned it. Still runs great and I get 44 mpg. Talk to your tuner before he tunes and discuss your riding style and what you want out of tune. He'll tweak it accordingly.

http://www.dannyscycleshop.com/

Don't chase numbers. You want the bike to run right for you. That's all that's important.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:26 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave

What if your tuner doesn't tune with AFR?

Steve

Quick Reply: 2010 Limited 103 cid Dyno Run