Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Limited 103 cid Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Getbackonit
I will give them a call next week and see if they still have the information, I'm guessing the answer will be no. Anyone know of a good tuner in the Houston area?
They absolutely still have the AFR readings since I'm sure they still have your tuning results in their computer. They just need to print it out. Anyone that doesn't print it out is either hiding something (poor tune) or is too incompentent to know how to print it out (poor tuner).

There's no way they could tune the bike (legitimately) without an exhaust sniffer up the exhaust. All the best tuners now have the dyno upgrade that allows them to run 2 sniffers at the same time (assuming the exhaust system will allow them access to each cylinder independently).

For those tuners that are good but don't have the money for the dual exhaust sniffer option/upgrade, they generally make a dyno run with the sniffer checking 1 cylinder and then move it to the other cylinder for a second data run. Only then will they know if they've properly tuned both cylinders.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
What if your tuner doesn't tune with AFR?

Steve
Not possible to tune a bike on a dyno without measuring AFR. In fact that's the only thing he's tuning. He's either modifying spark advance (timing) or VE (volumetric efficiency - amount of fuel for a specific rpm load) against AFR results. The only way to determine if the VE or timing is correct is to measure the amount of unburned fuel in the exhaust.

An exhaust sniffer is the only way to measure the "burn" across all rpms. (Although TTS or SEPST can be used to measure the burn via the O2 sensors on the bike, since they aren't wide-band sensors you won't get measurements above 4000rpms where the bike is most vulnerable).

Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardK
You just got it tuned and your looking for another tuner?

Try Danny at Danny's Cycle's in Montgomery. He tuned my bike and I'm very happy with it. Over 60,000 miles since he tuned it. Still runs great and I get 44 mpg. Talk to your tuner before he tunes and discuss your riding style and what you want out of tune. He'll tweak it accordingly.

http://www.dannyscycleshop.com/

Don't chase numbers. You want the bike to run right for you. That's all that's important.

Yeah, I had the dealer do it. I figure that someone who specializes in tuning could prolly do a better job.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Reverend
Tourer

I added V&H Power Duals, Monster Rounds and a high flow air cleaner. The dealer did the race tuner and set up. No before numbers of course but after all was installed I had 78.3 hp and 91.2 Torque. I took it for a spin and it sure sounded good. I did have three very slight backfires on deceleration after extended high rpm run in a lower gear and letting off. I was basically trying to see if it would. After the first 30 miles it was fine. Does the ecu learn? Also how do my numbers look?
Just had a look on the MoCo's website & the 2010 103ci engined FLHTK is listed at 136Nm of Torque and the 2011 at 134Nm. Converted, this is about 98/100 Lb/Ft Torque.

Am I missing something here? Or has your's gone down & not up?

Old 08-22-2010, 04:01 PM
rkadair
Tourer

I don't think it was tuned
run file 001 means one pull

Old 08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend
Just had a look on the MoCo's website & the 2010 103ci engined FLHTK is listed at 136Nm of Torque and the 2011 at 134Nm. Converted, this is about 98/100 Lb/Ft Torque.

The MoCo lists power as measured at the crank shaft. The dyno measures power at the rear wheel. Rear wheel numbers are always lower.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend

Duracell is correct. Rear wheel tq. is probably somewhere around 86 if tq. at the engine is

Old 08-22-2010, 06:04 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Yeah, I had the dealer do it. I figure that someone who specializes in tuning could prolly do a better job.
You are right, I had mine done first at the dealer and was very unhappy with it. Danny fixed me up and I am very happy with it now.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

I will give Danny a call Tuesday. From his website I gather he has a passion and pride in his skills. I will be interested in seeing how much hp and torque was left on the table. I know a lot of variables are in play when measuring the performance of a motor. I will do the proper research before I come to any conclusions.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rkadair
I don't think it was tuned
run file 001 means one pull
Your prolly correct. If I called them on it I would more than likely get some BS about it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Limited 103 cid Dyno Run