Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HK radio problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010 | 06:24 AM
JimTJr
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default HK radio problem?

I currently have a problem with my AVC, it seems that at highway speed. Full volume is acquired at about half way on the volume LED's.
Also as I go higher, it'll SOMETIMES go a little higher, then on the next "Led bar" it may go back down again.
I also really think it won't go as high as it did before, but who knows, maybe I am just getting used to the original configuration and want louder? (really though, I think I always noticed a higher volume as you go up the control until it shows full volume on the screen. (I never ran it completely full for any length of time, it was slightly distorted there)

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Last edited by JimTJr; 08-20-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2010 | 08:20 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

That is how it acts with the AVC on. I don't know why, but max volume happens with about 55% of the bars showing with the AVC activated.

Turn off you AVC and the volume is slower to achieve max volume. It works with the bars like it’s suppose to.

This worried me too, but I believe the actual highest volume is the same either way (or is very close).

I may only be imagining this but the AVC seemed to work the best if,
I have the AVC turned off,
then while I’m driving at speed (about 65) I go to max volume them turn on the AVC (set with 2 bars).
I may be wrong, it may not of made any difference, but that day it seemed louder.

Old 08-22-2010 | 01:38 PM
JimTJr
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll play with it and see what happens,,
thanks.

Old 05-21-2012 | 05:05 PM
Brancajd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JimTJr
I currently have a problem with my AVC, it seems that at highway speed. Full volume is acquired at about half way on the volume LED's.
Also as I go higher, it'll SOMETIMES go a little higher, then on the next "Led bar" it may go back down again.
I also really think it won't go as high as it did before, but who knows, maybe I am just getting used to the original configuration and want louder? (really though, I think I always noticed a higher volume as you go up the control until it shows full volume on the screen. (I never ran it completely full for any length of time, it was slightly distorted there)

Anyone else have a problem like this?
YES, on my brand new 2012 FLHX! SAME effin thing! Installed after market J&M 7.25 speakers! Sounds great when bike isn't running. But want more VOLUME while driving. With AVC enabled at two bars and volume half way, if I try to go any higher, the volume seems to go higher, then peter out like described. Should I take it back to dealer for service since it's only 1 month old?