Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
flyer91
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The overflow tube runs down to below the bottom right side passenger peg/swing arm side plate, but there will be no tube there if you have a sealed (AGM) battery, just the lower 'tube feed-through' on the frame in case a flooded lead acid battery is installed in the future ...... for some misguided reason.

I wonder if when they serviced it they had the plug(s) out and splattered some battery acid on it/them (I could only see the one plug).
I'd be asking the dealer to ........ deal with it.
I don't think with the mileage, service record, and it being contained to only the plug(s), that they would not replace it for you under warranty ..... if not embarrassment.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:51 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
Bet you feel like retard huh hahaha
He is mentally challenged and on my ignore list so unless I care to read what he writes in my notifications I do not see it.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
He is mentally challenged and on my ignore list so unless I care to read what he writes in my notifications I do not see it.
Tough Crowd tonight. RELAX!

Last edited by Dionicio; 08-19-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I have a pair of Kury Longhorn hwy pegs that I've had on three bikes now and they still look new. Chrome is like anything else, you have to keep it clean. Can't believe Strtarrow hasn't had his seat off in so long it had time to rub a hole and rust. I don't buy a lot of chrome covers myself. Too much chrome to clean now. JMO
I recently changed from stock to a Mustang seat. I have had my seat off many times but just discovered the rust when I had it painted. Now too busy working to deal with bogus companies. And these are the only chrome covers I have for the very reason you mention.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ditched my HD stock mirrors for a set of Kuryakyn Elipse mirrors, and I'm not very happy with them. Thay look good, but I can't see out of them for the blurr.
I guess I'll try customer service before I give up on them.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

In the past on past bikes I had lots of Kuryakyn products and found them all to be great. About the only thing I use from Kuryakyn these days are pegs and peg related items. Not because of any quality issues but because I don't go for the flashier stuff anymore. On my present bike I have the Wings and longhorn extensions and I really like them. I did have a clevice crack but they replaced it no problem. Has worked great since.

Kuryakyn must be pretty popular because at Sturgis, at their exhibit at the Harley Dealer lot in Rapid City, the bikes were lined up 5 rows deep waiting to get parts installed.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably already said; their chrome accessaries are ok but their engine upgrades are over priced and they don't perform the way you would want them to. Their forged pistons are ok though because they are made by CP.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:28 PM
hedgehorn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had their parts on my bikes grips/pegs and have had very good luck. I love the iso grips.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM
springerchop
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

iso grips/throttle boss are best grips I ever had.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:07 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
How bout this one? "THEY'RE not making any products I'd hang on my bike.
You get an "A" today!

Quick Reply: You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!