Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 PM
NYRobG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyer91
In Russia Kuryakyn mean "traitorous defector that go to America, become crappy TV star, on crappy '60's TV series, with crappy co-star, that both say uncle and go off air".
...then go back on air pretending to be a coroner for the capitalist American Navy.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hcubed
In this sentence, "there" would be spelled "their". (personal pronoun)
Well, if you wanna get real technical, it should be "I'll bet" instead of "I bet"...

Regardless, I'd take em off completely so that they wouldn't cause any more rust damage.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
flyer91
Tourer

And here we see Illya Kuryakyn and Napolean Solo ..... man-caving it up ... '60's style.

BTW: We obviously had very little "upscale" fashion taste in the '60's ....

You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!-illya-kurayakin-and-napolean-solo.jpg

Old 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy Mustang
To me, the Kuryakyn stuff is no different than some of the stuff H-D puts out. Some of it's excellent, some of it is crap. I personally don't care for most of the stuff Kuryakyn makes but I do have a few of their parts on my bike. I bought a pair of their chrome floorboard extenders and love 'em. I also have a pair of their Liberator shift levers on my heel/toe shifter, along with the Liberator extended reach brake lever. The only "non functional" part I have is a small chrome piece that adheres to the switch plate where my ignition switch is. All of these items work great and look great. The downtube covers and frame covers look to me like crap and I wouldn't waste my money on them. Here's a pic of the dash piece I have...
+1 on the extenders...very functional

Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Not sure who makes this part, (likely it wasn't Kuryakyn), or what happened; bike is 10 months old, garaged, and just had the 1k service done. Since I have checked the levels a few times and it wasn't like this, I swear this somehow happened during the service.

Any ideas how this type of pitting might happen IF it was from doing a service, something spilled on it?

Attached Thumbnails You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!-100_7725.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 03:12 PM
flyer91
Tourer

That's fairly close to the battery overflow tube, and I suspect that at speed there may have been some splatteing of acid.
That 'is' nasty looking ....... curious that it's only the chrome plug though .....

Last edited by flyer91; 08-19-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have purchased several items from Kuryakyn and I have had only one issue with the things I bought from them.

I had purchased the saddle shields for my 2008 Ultra, after only a month, one of the lexan pieces cracked at the bolt holding it on. I called and was immediatly sent out a new set with no charge. A couple months later, this set also broke, and once again, it was replaced with no charge. I ended up selling the new set and went with the HD shields, simply because I found the problem to be more an issue of my riding style (leg hit the shield when mounting and dismounting, causing stress)

Customer service has always been above and beyond most companies, so If I do have a problem, I feel reasonably certian that they will stand behind the product they sell.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:02 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by flyer91
That's fairly close to the battery overflow tube, and I suspect that at speed there may have been some splatteing of acid.
That 'is' nasty looking ....... curious that it's only the chrome plug though .....
That sounds like a good call but I would think that the battery overflow would be farther back, closer to the rear tire, rather than over the engine area. It's interesting that it only hit the two plugs, primarily the transmission plug, or at least doesn't show any splatters on the black wrinkle paint. Could this have come from the battery tender over-charging?

Went out and took another look, and there are no hoses hanging down in this area, but then discovered a small hose that at one end isn't connected to anything; what is it, and should it be connected somewhere?

Attached Thumbnails You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!-100_7767.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
That sounds like a good call but I would think that the battery overflow would be farther back, closer to the rear tire, rather than over the engine area. It's interesting that it only hit the two plugs, primarily the transmission plug, or at least doesn't show any splatters on the black wrinkle paint. Could this have come from the battery tender over-charging?

Went out and took another look, and there are no hoses hanging down in this area, but then discovered a small hose that at one end isn't connected to anything; what is it, and should it be connected somewhere?
Transmission vent. Not connected to anything. Vents off pressure in the tranny.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dionicio
Transmission vent. Not connected to anything. Vents off pressure in the tranny.
Thank you very much! Too short to go anywhere, but inquiring minds want to know. Still not sure about the splatters, though, but it doesn't seem to be from anything like a hose over-flow.

So strtarrow, can you offer us an update yet with Kuryakyn, and if the manager made it right?

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 08-19-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: You're right, Kuryakin sucks!!!!!!