Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered my 09 ultra and kick stand to high

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steet Glide Frame and related parts. part #24 on diagram for harley davidson. Ronnies Microfische. sure you could google and order from the site for parts after finding them on the parts view.

Attached Thumbnails Lowered my 09 ultra and kick stand to high-hd11flhr042.jpg  
Old 01-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldPhat
Check Arlen Ness parts

Don't do it... Mine is lowered over 2 inches in the front and when i had stock rims on it she stood straight up. Bought the Arlen Ness 1" shorter jiffy after going through other options than bending. What a waste! No shorter. I'm not the only one that complained about this.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Waterman31
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TUCCI, with the 2" kit my bike sits pretty straight up on flat ground. If I have to park on any kind of grade it may blow over in the wind or if someone bumps into my wide *** beach bars it may fall. I was hopeing someone would say, "Oh a XX year and older Softail or other model is shorter and will work".

Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Waterman31
Intermediate

Originally Posted by orangevette
Steet Glide Frame and related parts. part #24 on diagram for harley davidson. Ronnies Microfische. sure you could google and order from the site for parts after finding them on the parts view.
Orangevette, are you saying that part # is a shorter Kickstand?

Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Waterman31
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Brettcr
Don't do it... Mine is lowered over 2 inches in the front and when i had stock rims on it she stood straight up. Bought the Arlen Ness 1" shorter jiffy after going through other options than bending. What a waste! No shorter. I'm not the only one that complained about this.
Should have listened to you, did the same thing but mine was 1" shorter. It didn't change the lean angle at all and because it didn't sit flat on the foot (It sits on the bend between the round and flat parts) it would slide when on slight inclined/declined plane.

Looking to find a Kick Stand Wedge Kit for my Road King. Anyone know a kit for the newer touring bikes?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain

From Dennis Kirk I ordered a 1" lower Arlen Ness Kick Stand for 2009-later Tourning Models. Do not get confused with the 1" lowered kickstand for the Softtail. The one I ordered was specifically for Tourning Models and it worked out great. I've lowered my bike 1" both front and back.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have lowerd my 2008 FLHRC with a set of Bitching Bagger 11" shocks ,Ii found that Drag Specialtys made a wedge thingy for the kickstand . Most venders sell it for $49 to $69 . i found one with a mangled pakage on ebay dennis kirks scratch dent sales for $13 total including shipping .I,ll let you know how it works when i get it installed.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Waterman31
Intermediate

Yeah, through some research, I found out that they don't make a wedge kit for the 09 and newer rides. I tried the 1" shorter for the newer bikes but no luck, it didn't change the lean angle at all. I may try to make my own wedge.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:08 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Waterman31
Yeah, through some research, I found out that they don't make a wedge kit for the 09 and newer rides. I tried the 1" shorter for the newer bikes but no luck, it didn't change the lean angle at all. I may try to make my own wedge.
Is this the one you tried? I installed this on my 2011 Ultra that is 1" lowered front and back and it changed the lean angle and all is good.

https://www.denniskirk.com/arlen-nes...nd.p508410.prd

Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 24,006 Likes on 9,047 Posts

I installed the wedge plate on my lowered RG. It made a little change in the lean angle but in the process, the jiffy stand spring stretched to much and wouldn't pull the jiffy stand up against the frame tight enough and it would drag in left turns. That got pretty annoying so I removed the wedge and had to buy another spring.

Quick Reply: Lowered my 09 ultra and kick stand to high