Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How was your 2010 Sturgis Experence??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a good time. Great rides and good concerts. Great week hangin out and riding with friends. Vendors and beer were overpriced though.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Those are some awesome pics, I REALLY like that orange/black RoadGlide.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. To help with the load, would it all be possible to FedEx some of your stuff to the campground, so you don't have to haul it all? Even if it costs $40-$50 to ship it, it more than justifies the convenience. I'm a huge fan of shipping supplies.
Yes you can ship your stuff to most campgrounds, I shipped a rubbermaid container from Texas to Katmandu campground. The container had 2 sleeping bags, an air mattress, 3 man tent and two sets of warm ups. It cost me $26.00 each way (of course this was through a business account), but when I priced it directly through UPS it was going to be $43.00 each way.

All I had on the bike was my wife, an ice chest, and a duffle bag for our cloths (maybe 30 pounds worth of stuff) all strapped to the detachable rack I fabricated before the trip.

Total trip 9 days, 8 states, and 3850 miles. What a blast, I cannot wait to go back.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
bunotz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

9 Days, 6 States, 3450 miles. Sturgis, Badlands, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, Devils Tower, Rushmore, Yellowstone and finally Bear Tooth Pass then home to Vegas. Great time had by all....

Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM
seawolfhd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10 days 13 states, 4550 miles in 10 days, had a ball, pretty hot from Gainesville fl to Sturgis but hte weather there was great, going back next year.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 PM
scannerman
Cruiser

First time to Sturgis at the ripe old age of 60. Loved the ride, east on I-80, west on I-90 and highways in between, six states, needles, mt. rushmore, crazy horse etc. also yellowstone on the way back, went to Old Faithful and she blew after only a 15 min. wait. Hit some rain, and plenty of wind. It was a great experience, but probably will not do it again, the crowds too much, although mostly courteous.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Silver City Harley
Cruiser

13 Days, 7 States, 3491 miles, Royal Gorge, Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Devils Tower, Deadwood and Sturgis, wife and I had a blast and we're ready to go again, unfortunately work gets in the way! Met many nice folks and saw alot of beautiful country.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Guns And Roses has had ONE frigging concert all year long. And it was in Sturgis last week. Guess what... that weasely little Axel Rose was late for it. He has no respect for the fans, he needs a massive azz-kickin'.

no doubt! i stuck around 2 extra days to watch that show and ended up leaving the concert early...oh well the girls were putting on quite a show for the 2 hours it took Axl to get on stage...that was worth it.

anyway, great rides, great people, great food, Millstone Restaurant in RC had the best breakfast! 12 days, 7 states 3200 miles, only got rained on once (although it was all day long)

Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Stone1
Tourer

We have been going for the rally for 12 years but have made numerous other trips to the Black Hills as a kid and with our kids, who are now all adults. We only got to spend 4 days in the hills so next year we booked a week. The Black Hills are great to visit and it seems like I'm never ready to leave whether I was there for a week or just the 4 days.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 AM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Had a great time! This was my 4th Sturgis and most primitive...I tent camped. Also had more fun than I've had in the past! The weather was great and the rides were awesome, just wish there was an easy way to get through town on Lazelle and avoid the traffic jam.
actually Stro there is a way thru sturgis during the rally thats been working for me for years. Look for the McDonalds as you get into town from the freeway side, turn left on Williams and run that to Woodland till you get to Junction then right to Dudley and make a left and it puts you on the other side of town. It's all residential 25mph but at least your not stopped. As for the rally this year my biggest concern was the amount of wrecks I saw, lots of people seemed to be riding past their limits this year. Sturgis is not the place for inexperienced riders in any shape or form. JMO

Last edited by flhxkiller; 08-21-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Hawg
Went down with my oldest son, his first time. Weather was great, some good day rides and well The Sturgis experience. Sturgis is so unique, things go on there that are not politically correct anywhere else, the lad was in awe.
Gotta love Sturgis Baby!!!!
Glad you got to go w your son, how neat and something you both will cherish forever.

Quick Reply: How was your 2010 Sturgis Experence??