Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How was your 2010 Sturgis Experence??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,856 Likes on 1,602 Posts
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lp.....yes, you packed way too much sh*t.
Looks like you two had a GREAT time!!!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Those are some awesome pics, I REALLY like that orange/black RoadGlide.
Glad you enjoyed your trip. To help with the load, would it all be possible to FedEx some of your stuff to the campground, so you don't have to haul it all? Even if it costs $40-$50 to ship it, it more than justifies the convenience. I'm a huge fan of shipping supplies.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

LOL, I saw the guy putting around on that John Deere trike. Looked like he was having fun!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

This was my first trip. I loved it. Spearfish canyon, needles highway and devils tower were all great rides.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
lenny
Advanced

Left Conn at 5am 7/31 with three others and rode out thru Buffallo,NY into Canada then out ( 2hrs getting thru customs) into Port Huron MI. Went south for a couple hr visit with some family than on to Lansing,Mi for the 1st day. Next morning we hopped on the Lake Express ferry for a nice ride to Milwaukee. Once off the boat we continued on to Soiux Falls,SD for the end of our 2nd day! 3rd day we cruised into Sturgis where we stayed for four days taking in all the rides mentioned in some earlier posts. Awesome countryt with loads of great rodes though I can see how it would get overly congested during the event. Took a southerly ride home thru Kansas City stopping at Bryants famous rib joint for lunch. On thgru St Louis to see the arch than up thur Louisville and across the top of Maryland heading into PA and eventually NY and Conn. 5,700 miles total and we each felt that we could turn left and do it all again!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lenny
Left Conn at 5am 7/31 with three others and rode out thru Buffallo,NY into Canada then out ( 2hrs getting thru customs) into Port Huron MI. Went south for a couple hr visit with some family than on to Lansing,Mi for the 1st day. Next morning we hopped on the Lake Express ferry for a nice ride to Milwaukee. Once off the boat we continued on to Soiux Falls,SD for the end of our 2nd day! 3rd day we cruised into Sturgis where we stayed for four days taking in all the rides mentioned in some earlier posts. Awesome countryt with loads of great rodes though I can see how it would get overly congested during the event. Took a southerly ride home thru Kansas City stopping at Bryants famous rib joint for lunch. On thgru St Louis to see the arch than up thur Louisville and across the top of Maryland heading into PA and eventually NY and Conn. 5,700 miles total and we each felt that we could turn left and do it all again!!!

Sounds like an awesome trip! You have to post some pics! I'm planning a ride to the Buffalo NY area next spring.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Carl099
Stage II
Smile Sturgis 10

Got home wednesday, 5104 miles total rideing miles. this was my 3rd ride to Sturgis from CT
and its all about the rideing there. and ofcourse the knuckle, one eyed jacks, broken spoke, full throttle and too many others to remember there names. its always FUN!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

This year I rode through Sturgis the week before. It was nice not to have the huge crowds everywhere. The rides through the hills were better without the large numbers of bikes behind you and in front of you. But missed some of the shows and assorted craziness.

Next time I think I'm aiming to arrive on Thursday before Sturgis, and then leave midweek. Watching it all come together was pretty cool.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member

Guns And Roses has had ONE frigging concert all year long. And it was in Sturgis last week. Guess what... that weasely little Axel Rose was late for it. He has no respect for the fans, he needs a massive azz-kickin'.

Quick Reply: How was your 2010 Sturgis Experence??