Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailer for my Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Bowtie78
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bushtec hidden hitch for sure, I have an Aluma MCTXL tons of room!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:42 PM
highmark1
Advanced

I think you will get a bunch of opinions here, so here's mine. I tow a Bushtec because I believe that it is the safest trailer to pull. I would rather not pull one but 2 up with camping gear you almost have to pull one. If I wasn't camping and was rooming it I don't pull it and go a whole lot more minimalistic. My reason for my belief is that I saw a buddy almost go down pulling an Escapade. He wouldn't admit it because who wants to think they they bought a marginal anything. I have never heard of anybody having any safety issues with a Bushtec. Good luck

Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

There are many good trailers out there some better than others. Look into them before you purchase one.
I have pulled a Bushtec for 4 years and very happy with it. Only weighs 125 pounds empty, wheels the same size as your bike, does not bounce. People at Bushtec are great to work with. If you wait until the winter to purchase Bushtec has winter discounts on trailers and accessories. Others may also.

Last edited by Moe55; 08-18-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 08-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Moose_ride
Novice

I got a home made rig. Haborfreight utility trailer that i took the metal box sides off and put on a Sport carrier and works awsome. No problems with pulling trailes just right. I would recomend it i got like 425 in mine for price that aent bad.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Tree Man
Cruiser

Bushtech trailer and hitch. As others said they do not bounce. Yes you can find cheaper, but I doubt you find one better. Great people to deal with.
I just got back from the factory today. Had a hitch put on my 09 UC. Getting ready for the trip in September.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
betdog
Stage I
Default betdog

Had a friend several years back analizing what trailer had the ultimate suspension for a smooth ride. He bought one in canada and had freighted to Okla. $4500 later! In 03 I bought one from a guy that had this one for years, for $400! It's old and i can't even tell you what brand it is. It has leaf spring. I completely rebuilt it and have pulled it 30,000+ miles with no problems. I have towed friends also and this one tows smoother! Tongue weight is the major factor to watch for! Bout 20 - 25 lbs works great on mine. Have hitch-doc hitch on my 03 ultra and on my 10 ultra. btw, make sure you know wheel bearing size! Had a friend with one of those harbor freight jobs, had a wheel pass him in Vegas! Luckily in town! But almost couldn't find bearings to fit it. Odd sized !

Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my hitch from a guy in Colorado who makes them, not chrome and powder coated black, cost 2 yrs ago was 125.00. I pulled an Aluma for over 4000 miles in 2009 and it was fantastic. The only problem I had, was riding in hard rain, the lid did leak a little, but a little more foam gasket and it wouldn't leak. I don't have one right now but am considering the Harbor Freight trailer for 199.00 and find a roof pod and make one. I just can't see paying 2-4000.00 for something I might use once or twice a year. Just my opinion.

Joe

Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 PM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to throw in for Bushtec, I have pulled others and the really do not compare.
you don't have to spend big $... I got a basic white Turbo +2 new in '07 for 2295.
I really like the Bushtec hidden receiver hitch, most ppl don't notice it at all.
I find the bike more stable with everything down lower in the trailer than piled up on the luggage rack.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to check E Bay too. I got mine from an E Bay seller. It is only 170Lbs. I tow it with a stock 88. I am sure it is not as good as a Bushtec but it is at least 1K cheaper and it tows nicely. I would also say it matches my bike well. I was a bit nervous towing in the rain yesterday without ABS but had no trouble at all. Just don't plan on hitting the brakes hard in a curve and DO NOT TAILGATE IN THE RAIN. Suffice it to say that would be bad.

good luck

spiz

Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Had a california sidecar escapade. Was wonderful and kept everything dry in heavy downpours. Very pricy.

Quick Reply: trailer for my Ultra