Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
parachuter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust systems

I know this is a subjective subject, but I would like some opinions.
When I was looking to buy my Ultra classic, I looked at an 05 that had Reinhart duals. I liked the sound of those pipes. I ended up buying an 07 with 2n1 Super trap exhaust already installed. The exhaust is not as loud and throaty as the Reinharts. I have played with the disc, and have not found the sound that I like.
I asked the parts guy at my local dealership yesterday afternoon for a price on installing new Reinharts. He tried to steer me to the Rush slip ons. He told me in his opinion that Rush sounded better, and they were cheaper. I was sort of shocked that he would recommend something cheaper to start with. I told him I was looking for the traditional loud Harley sound, and he swore by Rush.
Like I said I know this is subjective, but I would lie some feed back.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've got Bub/Rinehart true duals on my bike, and love the sound. They have a nasty sounding idle, and a pretty good bark when you hammer the throttle, but under cruise conditions, they are actually pretty tame. In fact, I've found myself wishing they were a little louder at times.

Rush slip ons sound good, but the Rinehart true dual exhaust sounds (IMO) quite a bit better. That's a matter of taste, though, which is subjective, so only you can decide for yourself what you prefer.

There's nothing wrong with Rush slip ons.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These new 4" Rinehart slip-ons are deep, with just the right amount of rumble...like a Harley ought to sound. I highly recommend them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSmrWsj3J90