Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody install the Kuryakyn panacea tail light kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the whole Panacea system on my 05 FLHR and my 09 FlTR. Replaced the crappy load equalizer with a unit from Badlands, never had any problems after that. I didn't like the fact that the Kury Crap overheated since I had it mounted near the battery box. I recently scrapped the whole system and went with a Bright *** Light along with Custom Dynamice LED flashers. Much brighter than the Panacea setup and all American made! About the same price too. All plug and play and more functional for my needs.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
mffjm95
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same sort of Problem

I have the same setup on an 08 FLHRC, my first problem was that my right turn signal stopped working. I took the bike to the dealer and they added an extra equalizer to help out. All worked fine. The bike was garaged over the last four months while I was off fighting the war on terror. Came back and straight away my brake lights stopped working. So I checked the fuse and it was the tail light fuse burnt out. Replaced it and it popped again. I am thinking that the load equalizer doesn't equalize the load. I am going to go with the suggested by OLD BAGR. I will let you know how it works.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Fusion777
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd bump it with my own observations.

Installed 5424 and the fit and finish is nice. While idle, it looks great. However, some very dissatisfying elements of it are:

a) Occasionaly (every 5-15 blinks) when the integrated chevron signals are blinking the entire 'brake' red portion will also simultaneously blink for a much shorter duration (perhaps 50ms or so)
b) There are only two operational modes. "DOT" mode and "Panacea" mode.
b.1 DOT mode is identical in behavior to your regular brake light. Integrated turn signals are disabled
b.2 "Panacea" mode where brake light will flash about 5 times when you apply brakes. Integrated turn signals are enabled
c) The load equalizer as others have stated will get hot/burn out with extended use and you are warned in the instructions to NOT operate '4-way-flashers'

First of all, I find the inability to safely operate 4-way hazards irresponsible when a higher quality component would solve this. Since the light doesn't technically claim to be DOT compliant, it edges around false advertising - but leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the product & company.

Secondly, if one expects to operate a brake-solid-light-on combined with integrated turn signals - which is what the site implies - it is not doable. You only get b.1 or b.2 behavior, with no inbetween or adjustment. I personally don't like the extra 'flashiness' of the flashing brake light, not to mention the inevitable police attention it will draw. But I'm stuck with it if I want the integrated signal/chevron behavior. Very disappointing