Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody install the Kuryakyn panacea tail light kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:51 AM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the kit and use it regularly, I do have the factory security installed and did have a burn out of an equalizer. They (Kuryakyn) tech assist realized the symptoms and hooked me up by rushing the correct equalizer to me. The system has worked since then I use my turn signals all the time and emergency flashers short periods of time occasionally. It does all the flashing features but I would like a brighter set of lights(those new police LEDs are BLINDING - my stop light should be too). It may be a reason to upgrade to another brand of system later. but for now there has been no further problems with two and a half years of DAILY use.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 AM
sortasuave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbagr
I have the panacea tail light on my '09 Ultra as well as LED turn signals both front and rear. The Kury Panacea equalizer is crap; it overheats very quickly and thus will burn out if you use the flashers. I purchased a heavy duty, non-heat generating load equalizer from Ride Time Technology http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/badlands_le3.htm and have not had any problems since.
Was this a straight plug and play solution?
By some chance, did you ever have the security key light on the speedo flash on and off with the flashers? I have the "correct" equalizer but have had this problem since day one. (3+ yrs now)

Old 08-17-2010, 07:59 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty well done with Kuryakyn products. I had a set of primary covers for my dyna which tarnished and couldn't be brought back, got another set and the same thing happened. My neighbor gave me a set of their iso wings touring pegs when he sold his FLHRCI and I used them for a while liked them but they always needed adjustment. I bought a new pair and the same thing, only worse. I bought a set of lizard lights at Sturgis 2 years ago and it needed repair about 3 months later.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had the Panacea setup for 4 years now. It was plug-n-play. I have not had any problems with it. I also have the security system. I did not need to cut any wires to install. Other riders are always commenting on how "lit up" I am. I'm not too concerned about the emergency flashers.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 AM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the Kury Panacea Tail light and LED turnsignals on last March. After install I moved the bike without my key fob and the security system flashed the tights one cycle. Didn't notice anything wrong untill I road the next morning and my left turn signal would not work. Removed the seat and the equalizer was so hot it burnt my fingers. I waited for it to cool down and removed it. The signals worked fine after that. I haven't used the equalizer since and everything works fine. I have had no issues with my security light either.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 AM
silverbullitt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the whole set up on 4 different dressers. Never had a problem. Just dont run the flashers for a long time.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

I caught up to a bagger in front of me thinking it was a `10 because only the outboard lights worked. Got closer and saw a panacea T/L in the middle. The rider pulled into a gas station I was filling up in and I told him the middle T/L didn`t work. He turned it on and it worked but dim. He acted like I was ef`n with him. I`m running a much brighter T/L but don`t want to advertise it as it was a hassle getting it straightened out. I do use a badlands load eq.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

Originally Posted by fishracepoint
oldbagr
Thanks for the reply.
Do you have the security module? If so when the load equalizer burns up does it cause problems? On of the reasons I do not want to install it is the claim in red on the instructions that if the load equalizer burns up you loose the turn signals.
Also there are instructions to cut wires in the wire harness? Not too keen on destroying the wire harness.
I have the security module and purchased a separate load equalizer from my HD dealer that was supposed to make the Kury Panacea work with the security system. It did eliminate the idiot light warning but did nothing about the heat issue when the flashers were used. Also, my setup did not require any splicing of wires; it was plug and play. The Kury Panacea run, brake, turn setup is great when setup with a robust, non-heat generating load equalizer.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sortasuave
Was this a straight plug and play solution?
By some chance, did you ever have the security key light on the speedo flash on and off with the flashers? I have the "correct" equalizer but have had this problem since day one. (3+ yrs now)
I do have this problem. I guess I have learned to ignore it. It does not seem to be causing any other issues.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
campincowboy
Tourer

I've had them for three years with no problems at all. Have heard on this forum where they aren't bright enough, but mine seem bright to me and those who follow. Never used flashers for any extened time.

Quick Reply: anybody install the Kuryakyn panacea tail light kit?