Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you were an HD salesperson.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 PM
mja52403
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you were an HD salesperson.....

Ok, so I thought I would stop in and take a look at the 2011 models today since I heard they had a few. Well, to do that meant I had to take my 8 month old and 3 year old daughters with me....something to do on a Saturday morning right? Anyway, this particular dealer is local and I haven't purchased a bike from them. Instead I have gone to a dealer about 75 miles away to purchase both of our bikes....reason you ask? Well, the whole atmosphere of the dealer in general is way more friendly and they are willing to negotiate. So, anyway, back to our little trip today. I go in with my girls, and yea, I have shorts and sandals on, but not one person said a word to me. This is the whole reason I stay away from this dealership. Just seems like the salesmen only talk to their buddies and won't give you the time of day. So maybe I didn't "look" like I was interested in buying, but maybe I was and wouldn't you at least say hi to anyone who comes into your store? So as I was browsing over the SE Street Glide they had (suweeet by the way) I say to the salesman, "so this one is sold already?" His response was merely, "yup" and he walked away. Not, "yea, but we have others coming in or what are you looking for?"

I don't know how dealerships like this survive. What if I was interested in purchasing? I can tell you I will likely not be going to that dealer to buy....yet again. Just very sad if you ask me. Other dealerships I go to, the sales people are always very friendly, but never pushy, like some car salesmen. I guess that's all I ask for. Oh yea, you might be thinking, "why should they spend their busy schedule with someone with his hands full that doesn't look like he is buying?" Well, this was right after they opened and we were the only ones there....and I think I counted 4 salesmen purely standing around looking out the window.

Just my little rant for today, but that's ok since I know where to go for better customer service.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM
BackinBlackfxdb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should get a job there. You could smoke the other salesmen...do you get a discount if you are a salesman?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:39 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I go to both of San Diego Harley’s stores. The guys there are great and their women are effing smoking, all of them. Kat downtown, total hottie and Summers at the Clairmonte store… wow! They are real cool almost everyone knows your name. the Salesmen aren’t too pushy, they let you walk around and then always ask if you need help finding anything. I don't know where you live, but if you are ever in San Diego, stop by.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

That is bad buisness.

I only know of one dealership where I can walk around for 30 minutes (and be the only customer in the store except for the 3 bike salesman) looking at all the bikes and never get talked to by a salesman. "Kingwood Harley" in Houston.

Every other HD dealership, I am always asked if they can help me and when I say no just looking, it's okay by them and come ask them if I need any info.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I go to both of San Diego Harley’s stores. The guys there are great and their women are effing smoking, all of them. Kat downtown, total hottie and Summers at the Clairmonte store… wow! They are real cool almost everyone knows your name. the Salesmen aren’t too pushy, they let you walk around and then always ask if you need help finding anything. I don't know where you live, but if you are ever in San Diego, stop by.
Dude, the guy lives in WISCONSIN. Not exactly 'if you're ever in' land!! Not to mention the 8 yr and 3 month old DAUGHTERS! (no offense)

Last edited by Yachtman; 08-14-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman

Dude, the guy lives in WISCONSIN. Not exactly 'if you're ever in'!! Not to mention the 8 yr and 3 month old DAUGHTERS!

dude i said if you are in San Diego Stop by!!

Old 08-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, I'm pulling your chain! I'm thinking about stopping by though!! Hottie check!!

Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 PM
despurlock
Advanced

I agree with you totally. It seems the dealers should be more friendly. I have just recently purchased a Harley which I had wanted for a while and here is the kicker, it was from a Honda dealership. The guys at the Honda dealership were very friendly and helpful where as the Harley guys were mostly A-holes. I am dreading going to the dealership for service. Unbelievable considering the amount of money that is spent on Harleys. HD=Hundred Dollars for anything you buy.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:10 PM
artz
Road Master

I couldn't blame you, I'd go buy mine 75 miles away too. Screw them.
If their service department is like their sales department, they will have a short life span in the business world.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If I were an HD salesman...which I might have been had I not had to work on Sunday, I think i could do very well. Greet everyone the same. Hi, I am here if you need help, feel free to look around. I will be over here. Engage people in conversation if they wish to talk about bikes, ask questions, sit on them, etc. Provide helpful information regarding whatever. It really is the perfect job for me except that you have to work on Sundays.

Drew

Quick Reply: If you were an HD salesperson.....