Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you were an HD salesperson.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:39 PM
mja52403
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see this post still going strong. I took a ride on Friday to a dealer east of here, Bala's HD in Mauston, WI. I again was pleased with the way I was treated. I was hardly in the door and was greeted with a welcoming "hello, how's it going?" I stood and talked with the parts guy for quite a while about tuning and cam upgrades, and even though I told him up front that I wasn't looking at doing it today, he didn't care. Very friendly, very nice dealership. I haven't had any work done there, so I'm not familiar with their service or their sales.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:11 PM
spuddogg
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 2005 when I came back from Iraq I went into the Corpus Christi harley shop and the sales guy completely blew me off. I walked in with cash and he wouldnt even consider making a deal. So I went straight to the sales manager and told her, and we quickly started righting the situation. She told me that most of the sales guys wont make deals with cash because the MoCo makes most of their money with insane financing. I sent my wife back in there recently to start looking at a new Streetglide so I can buy one upon my return this time, they wont even acknowledge her. She has yet to have a sales person say anything to her even after making it clear we are on the market. Looks like Im in the market for another dealer as well, or I might just bypass those guys and go with the Army buying program, at least I'll feel like someone appreciates my money.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spuddogg
In 2005 when I came back from Iraq I went into the Corpus Christi harley shop and the sales guy completely blew me off. I walked in with cash and he wouldnt even consider making a deal. So I went straight to the sales manager and told her, and we quickly started righting the situation. She told me that most of the sales guys wont make deals with cash because the MoCo makes most of their money with insane financing. I sent my wife back in there recently to start looking at a new Streetglide so I can buy one upon my return this time, they wont even acknowledge her. She has yet to have a sales person say anything to her even after making it clear we are on the market. Looks like Im in the market for another dealer as well, or I might just bypass those guys and go with the Army buying program, at least I'll feel like someone appreciates my money.
They know you are ancious and they know you got cash. That's why they are holding so hard on the price.
They are betting that you will buy anyway.