Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you were an HD salesperson.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:14 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman
Dude, I'm pulling your chain! I'm thinking about stopping by though!! Hottie check!!

totally hotties. im bigtime into blonds... wow smoking hot. Kat downtown really hot and super friendly. love those big boobies pressing up on me everytime i walk in i get a hug. i try to stop in at least twice a month or so... lol

Old 08-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Sales People: you get what you pay for. I know I could be top salesperson at our local HD, but they couldn't afford to pay me any real money. Plus I hate the dark shirts and long pants all the time. And every Sunday would be difficult. I know the management think it's the money day, but it's also the 'kickers-from-out-of-state-buying-t-shirts' day! And my time is more valueable. And I don't smoke so I doubt I'd be hired anyway.!!!

Last edited by Yachtman; 08-14-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 PM
ClinesSelect
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer here that I bought my SG from has a quick service for oil changes and stuff like that so I browse the bikes while they service my ride. Not once has a salesman engaged me in any conversation other than "How's it going?".

Hell, ask me what bike I ride, where I bought it (repeat customers are good things), if I have seen the new bikes....something....anything. Odds are you make a sale.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 PM
chrome spoke
Intermediate

Lets make this thread happen. I hope every dealership that is as stuck on themselves as ours reads this.

As I was trying to buy my first Harley from local, I happened to come across one very simular at a dealer about 100 mls away $2000 cheaper 6000 mls less. Local told me not to stop, what I was looking at was probably a piece of junk go buy it if I wanted junk. Maybe they could sell me my next bike. (Not)

I got on there mailing list and got invited to there fall bike show and slapped them across the face taking home there trophy and 50 bucks in greenbacks. Looked at the salesman that sent me south and said aint that a whoopin. He went inside.

I decided about a month ago that I had opened there door for the last time.
Then service calls with follow up call, then mechanic personally calls to follow up. All this over a $200 electrical issue that is fixed.

Every time I go for service I wait and get to tell this story. Almost all locals that walk in talk trash about sales.

I dont understand it, they sell a lot of bikes.
If this was the only dealership there was, I would be riding a rice burner.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

My local dealer has a great sales staff. Not at all pushy and very helpful, even if you need help with something else besides buying a bike. They are all great guys.

However, the shop manager and parts manager are a whole nuther story. The technicians and parts counter guys are all great but those 2 managers are asshats of the highest order. I believe they get a commission based on service and parts sales so that is all they care about. I had my bike worked on there a few times several years ago and they tore up a few parts. You would have thought I was trying to steal a bike off the floor the way they acted when I wanted the bike repaired properly. No more do I get anything worked on there and buy next to no parts there either. When I do go there for some small part or other they don't even acknowledge me and act like I am a leper. I now buy online from a 20% off dealer and have the parts usually the next day and do my own work.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Grizzx2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My problem was that I wanted to go see the New Southern Thunder Harley Davidson place south of Memphis. Should have never done that. Real nice place and folks too. They talked to you. They didn't push - pull or dance around the bush. Answered all my questions about the bike I was interested in and some others as well. And to make a long story short - Look at my Sig. The end results of my visit to check out their New Store. I will be going back; even if it is 90 miles from the house.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

The dealer near me is a ghost town. They are down to one salesman, one parts guy and a couple of mechanics. They have a huge mortgage on the huge building that Harley made them build and the only business they are getting is service and wrecks. They will try to sell a bike to your grandmother if she walks in.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 AM
91FLSTC
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am also in the market for a new bike and have been amazed by the attitude of most of the dealers that I have spoken to recently. The other day I drove to a dealership and the sales manager refused to even give me a price for a new bike with my trade instead preferring to have me bring him a price that he could beat. I have spoken to approx 6 dealers in my area and most of them don't seem to care whether you are there or not. I told my wife that it seems the dealers just want you to open your check book and sign a check and have them write in how much it's going to cost you to take home a new bike. That is not reality these days.
I would be curious to find out where the first poster was shopping. I probably had the same bad experience in the same place or their sattelite store since we live nearby.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 AM
scooplove
Tourer

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
If I were an HD salesman...which I might have been had I not had to work on Sunday, I think i could do very well. Greet everyone the same. Hi, I am here if you need help, feel free to look around. I will be over here. Engage people in conversation if they wish to talk about bikes, ask questions, sit on them, etc. Provide helpful information regarding whatever. It really is the perfect job for me except that you have to work on Sundays.

Drew
Not if you work at Laidlaw's or Barger.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Dealerships: Salesmen, Sales Managers, Service Departments, Parts Departments...etc. are a complete insult to my intelligence.

These people combined with the next visit to DMV to get the thing registered is the most awful part of buying any new vehicle.

The entire process is archiac.

Reality: Let me build the bike I want online using the spec sheet the manufacturer will allow, have it deivered to my house fully legal to operate in my State, I will supply you with the funds, credentials and insurance statement.

Hell, I bought my HOUSE that way.

I don't need to "test ride" a *****ing bike, I always modify it to my needs anyway.

BTW....HD salesmen are 98% of the time complete idiots.

Quick Reply: If you were an HD salesperson.....