Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 CVO Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lasvegasrick
hay jay you should buy one for the ol lady

Meeting a guy tonight, that is interested in buying my Ultra.

If he wants to spend enough money, he'll be an owner, and I'll pick up the 2011 CVO Street Glide !!

I'lll keep ya posted.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Certified Drunk
I don't know if I can hold my self back, If I see the Kryptonite/black on the floor it will most likely be coming home with me.
+1. Took the words right off of my fingertips. Keep trying to tell myself there will always be bikes to buy...but that one is gettin' my juices flowin'...I'm afraid to see one on the floor.

I'll lose a bundle on my bike though...lots of mods, not to mention, I DO love my RKC and it's only 2 years old!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Was at my dealer this Saturday and was drooling all over this bad boy.

Got the chance to listen to the stereo. The mid's and high's sounded great but not base. Of course I didn't get a chance to play around with the audio settings any.

Checked out the IPod interface in the right hand side bag.

The salesman I was talking to quoted me a price of $33,500.00 for it. Told him give me $20 K in trade for my 09 and I'll sign the papers right now. You can guess what he told me.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 CVO Street Glide-2011-cvo-sg.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dll
I did the same thing and had the same reaction, and I left with it ... All is great until the bill comes in the mail!!!
LOL! Cool brutha! Sounds like you've got one to be proud of. Man, I think I'd be afraid to even ride something I spent so much $$$ on...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Does anyone know how many of the Orange/Black CVO's will be made ??

Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 AM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lrays280z
Seems to me...the most expensive bikes are purchased by people that: 1: Have lots of money. 2: Are meticulous with cleaning and servicing their bikes, and 3 - they don't ride them very much. When the next new "got to have bike" comes out - they'll start the process over again.
Right on all counts, but my 08 SE Dyna saw snow, road salt and torrential rain storms throughout the time I owned it. Yes, I spent about two hours each time I road it cleaning and pollishing the endless amount of chrome, but I never could be called a fair weather rider. I lived in Wiesbaden, Germany for six years and only when it was icy and full on snow did I not ride.

The other 95% of CVOs are "collected" and/or collecting dust as you have said, and it's a shame. A coworker put down the cash for the SE Ultra two years ago and I've seen it out twice! What a fool! Hard to brag about your awesome bike when no one ever sees it.

My new SESG arrives today at the dealership. It's 27 degrees and clear. When she's ready to ride I'll have 1000 miles on her by New Year's! Gotta show off the outrageously expensive toy I bought myself for Christmas!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:09 AM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q Hog
Looks bad a$$. Is there anything else new beside the paint.
Frenched in LED tail lamps that do double duty as turn/stop vertical strips. Very one off look and fills the saddlebag gaps perfectly. High vis too which is a plus with all the distracted cagers out there!

WX band radio built into the HK stereo. It auto tunes to the closest Wx transmission (within 10 miles). Now you can get the intel on the coming storms while crisscrossing the USA. Sorry, no XM, but eh iPod integration works great. Plug it in and control all playlists, artists, songs and albums directly frm the dash display and hand controls. 15,000 for me to choose from!

New set that is very comfy. The seat that came on my SE Dyna in 08 is in a box in the garage and has 51 miles on it (the distance from the dealer) it sucked so bad! The inlay seat is a welcome change. Finally, HD!

Hydraulic rear suspension. Hand selectable ride via a crank **** behind the left case. Low and hard please! Only 2 inches of travel anyway in this new sportier suspension!

Detachable passenger backrest means it's ready for that long haul tour pac (which is available color matched for a meer $1400!)

The 19" front tire is a fav of mine too coming from a 21" 90 on the Dyna. That custom look also gives us younger guys the feeling we're not slipping into a retirement bike. Sorry Ultra fans!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Does anyone know how many of the Orange/Black CVO's will be made ??
My wild not very educated guess is about 3,000 of each model then divide that by how many different color schemes...

Great place for CVO lovers and lot of info even if you aren't here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php

Good Luck,keep us posted...

Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GBeck
Frenched in LED tail lamps that do double duty as turn/stop vertical strips. Very one off look and fills the saddlebag gaps perfectly. High vis too which is a plus with all the distracted cagers out there!

WX band radio built into the HK stereo. It auto tunes to the closest Wx transmission (within 10 miles). Now you can get the intel on the coming storms while crisscrossing the USA. Sorry, no XM, but eh iPod integration works great. Plug it in and control all playlists, artists, songs and albums directly frm the dash display and hand controls. 15,000 for me to choose from!

New set that is very comfy. The seat that came on my SE Dyna in 08 is in a box in the garage and has 51 miles on it (the distance from the dealer) it sucked so bad! The inlay seat is a welcome change. Finally, HD!

Hydraulic rear suspension. Hand selectable ride via a crank **** behind the left case. Low and hard please! Only 2 inches of travel anyway in this new sportier suspension!

Detachable passenger backrest means it's ready for that long haul tour pac (which is available color matched for a meer $1400!)

The 19" front tire is a fav of mine too coming from a 21" 90 on the Dyna. That custom look also gives us younger guys the feeling we're not slipping into a retirement bike. Sorry Ultra fans!

the only "new" thing on the '11 CVO Street Glide is the 19" front Agitator wheel and iPod interface.
everything else is either from the '09 CVO Road Glide or the '10 CVO SG..
but it's STILL an nice bike!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 AM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Saw one Friday at the dealer very nice, but not nice enough to make me get rid of my Ultra.

Quick Reply: 2011 CVO Street Glide