Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 AM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the SEPST and the smart tune feature allows you to load a base map close to your configuration and ride while logging data then the software takes that data and changes your maps for you. Like others have said it may not be as good as a dyno but will most likely be very good and allows you to make further changes to your bike without having to have it dyno'd. Maybe the best thing is to have a SEPST or TTS and get an initial dyno then after that you can just use the auto tuning feature to adjust for future changes without the need for further dyno time.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 AM
ORIGSQUIG
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by despurlock
Was looking to get input on purchasing a race tuner for an 08 Ultra. I would like to get something that I could use my self and not have to depend on the dealer all the time. Hopefully you folks can give me some input on what to look for.

Thanks
Dave
RideMaxx™ leads the EFI Control Industry with its included wireless RideTuner which mounts directly onto your handlebar. It is your direct means to select from three separate modes built into the FuelMaxx unit beneath your seat. Whether you are looking for power, a way to stretch your fuel tank out until you reach the next gas station, or both, there is a setting for you:
  • [*]

Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Doesn't matter, just find a guy that can do the job correctly whomever that may be. Arguing about which tuning interface is better is like arguing about which hammer drives the nail better. Its the guy swinging the hammer that drives the nail.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:36 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by despurlock
Was looking to get input on purchasing a race tuner for an 08 Ultra. I would like to get something that I could use my self and not have to depend on the dealer all the time. Hopefully you folks can give me some input on what to look for.

Thanks
Dave
Don't look at a race tuner if you want to do it yourself. The plug and play units are all over everywhere, lots of brands, I'd go to a good local INDY and get what they use that way you can get some help if things don't go as expected.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:42 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

mailed my sert into tts and they upgraded it for 100 bucks.going to try it out this winter