Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on the glide-pro kit.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:55 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts
Default thoughts on the glide-pro kit.....

I installed the glide-pro kit on my roadking a couple of days ago. The kit included the swingarm bushings, and front motor mount. After the install, I took a short ride. Immediately noticable was the vibration in the highway pegs, and the seat. I gave Jake a call, and he told me to readjust the front motor mount, and told me how to do so. I followed his instructions, and readjusted it. I was finally able to get out briefly today to check the results.

The vibrations in the highway pegs are much better. But the vibrations in the seat suck big time. It's especially noticable at speeds 55 and over. I rode about 40 miles this afternoon, and was ready to get the hell off the bike. My last rigid bike didn't vibrate my *** this much. My wife says the same thing, that the vibrations in her floorboards and rear seat are MUCH worse than before.

Anyone else running the glide-pro kit? If so, how does your ride feel?

My bike seems to feel "slightly" better in the turns, but the difference in comfort is NOT worth it. I emailed Jake a little while ago and told him, so I'll have to wait to hear his response. Unless he tells me the secret to the problem, this stuff will be out of the bike by Monday afternoon.

Last edited by cuda67bnl; 08-14-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm sure it was not cheap,nothing is.Hope it works out for you.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:10 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

It was $400.........

Old 08-14-2010, 06:11 PM
frydaddy96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read reports from others that the vibes are a bit much to begin with but after about 500 miles they get much better.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:17 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by frydaddy96
I've read reports from others that the vibes are a bit much to begin with but after about 500 miles they get much better.

Yeah, I've read that too. His instructions even say to allow 300 to 500 miles for break in. But the vibes in the seat are so rediculous that I don't believe it'll improve.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:47 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I put the kit in a couple of months ago and I too had the same issues you speak of. I never called Jake back but I had hope it would balance in 3-500 miles, after about 50 miles I pushed it going thru a sweeping turn it seemed to track true but at about 85-90 it started to wobble. Well just when I had 300 miles on her I left for a 3k mile trip to CO,UT,AZ. I was worried because of the vibration in the left floorboard but I can say now that Im back it went away because I dont feel the vibration anymore. I havent pushed it to 90 to see if it wobbles but I cruised thru the hi desert at 85-90 with no issues.
Im having issues with the progressive monotube forks and the ride on the 940 shocks. Im waiting to hear back from progressive.
BTW, what did Jake say to do to the front motor mount?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bagman1
BTW, what did Jake say to do to the front motor mount?
He told me to loosen the 2 front bolts, just enough for them to spin but not move up and down. And to loosen the big center bolt. Then ride it around the block, tighten up the 2 front bolts completely, and tightened the big center bolt just enough so it couldn't be moved up and down. This allowed the mount to center itself and find it's spot. It made a difference in the highway peg vibrations.

I'm wondering if the vibes I'm feeling so bad in the seat are maybe from the swingarm bushings being stiffer. I may swap the stock motor mount back in tomorrow and go for a spin to eliminate the front mount being the problem.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Cuda, is there actually any space for movement of the 2 bolts holding the plate down?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:00 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll let you know when I take it back off.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Rottiman
Road Captain
Location: Ontario, Canada home of the TAX YOU TO DEATH LIBERALS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having issues with the progressive monotube forks and the ride on the 940 shocks. Im waiting to hear back from progressive

Care to elaborate on the problems with the monotubes? Just put them in myself on my RG.

Quick Reply: thoughts on the glide-pro kit.....