Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on the glide-pro kit.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman
Cuda, is there actually any space for movement of the 2 bolts holding the plate down?
Yes, they're elongated side to side.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

I rode to a friends house before lunch today, a little over 50 miles away. My *** was going numb by the time I got there. By the time I got back home, I felt like I had just rode 500 miles, rather than 100.
I took the glide-pro motor mount off, and put the stock one back on. Went for a ride and it was better. My *** still buzzed too much, but it was no where near as bad as before. Came home and told the wife to grab her helmet so she could give me her opinion. She said the vibrations in the seat were better, but there was still a bunch of vibrations in the rear floorboards.
I'm pulling the swingarm bushings back out tonight, and will be returning everything. While there was a slight improvement in handling, the trade off was horrible. Riding 50 miles felt like you had ridden several hundred. And I run a firm seat which doesn't help in the comfort department. The kit may work for most, but it definitely didn't work for me. Maybe someone will be able to use this information to help them make a decision in the future.
Jake told me to send everything back to him. So as a business, I can't complain about the way they do stuff. His product just didn't work for me.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottiman
Im having issues with the progressive monotube forks and the ride on the 940 shocks. Im waiting to hear back from progressive

Care to elaborate on the problems with the monotubes? Just put them in myself on my RG.
My issues are;
940 shocks; I finally found an adjustment that worked, then after riding with the same load for 500-600 miles it became too soft again and I had to increase the spring load again. The only thing I can think of is the ambient temp went from 85* to 115*+. Im waiting to hear back if there is a defect in the valving or if the temp plays a part in the adjustment. Otherwise I am happy with the ride.
Now for the monotubes and this has me highly concerned. I installed them with 1 clip on each side, the ride overall is nice, handles good inturns at high speeds but in low speed turns like idling it in a u turn or balancing in heavy traffic with feet on the boards, the steering wanders where it feels like the forks are flexing (kind of like if you had no front fender for stabilization and hit the brakes while turning at almost full lock)and hard to control. People I ride with say I look like a newb. While turning in a parking lot if I hit the front brake the forks make a clunk sound and stop really strange.
Everything was new in the forks when I installed them, so Im waiting to hear from Progressive, hopefully tomorrow. Il post info as I find out.
Other than these issues I am pleased with the ride and handling, including the Glide Pro. I have almost 3k miles since installation.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
BigDaddyOC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting about the glide pro...I was leaning this way but the last couple of reports on them were not good. I may just go back to the original plan of the bagger brace.

As for the monotubes...I haven't heard one negative thing about them...I'm doing them next month along with an Arnott air set up.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think anytime you replace a rubber bushing with polyurathane it would transmit a lot more vibration.........

Old 08-15-2010, 10:12 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hubble
I would think anytime you replace a rubber bushing with polyurathane it would transmit a lot more vibration.........
I thought that too, but the glide pro bushing material was softer than the rubber one that came off.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:19 AM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I thought that too, but the glide pro bushing material was softer than the rubber one that came off.
oh, didn't know that.