Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quadzilla and Dragonfly Fairing for Road King

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:10 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quadzilla and Dragonfly Fairing for Road King

So, after a long trip on my, (oops, our) '05 Road King Classic, the boss says to me, [sm=icon_blah.gif]"We need some tunes for the road".
I'm wondering if anyone has installed either of these fairings with radio on their Road King and what results the've had after miles on the road.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2006, 05:29 AM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Quadzilla and Dragonfly Fairing for Road King

The hoppe quad is real cool,and it bumps pretty loud.Few more pics in my gallery.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running the DeadCenterCycles and love it. I have found that Willem has a very Hi-Quality product that he stands behind and he offers, Before and After sale service. When he says it ships it ships.

Not like the experiance that I have had with DragonFly which I waited over a MONTH for my speakers and speaker pods to arrive. The have good quailty items. I don't beleive that they make the pods, I've seen them on another web-site since and were about the same price. But the month of run around was not called for.

Back to Willem's DeadCenterCycles fairing which is attached and detached through the stock H-D windscreen mounting points (unlike DragonFly- which bolts on) and DDC's is LOCABLE you won't have someone removing your stuff like an ol-hand bag just sitting on the side of the road and running off down the street with your tunes like its a boom box.

As for QuadZilla - I did shop around, and found them extreamly informitive and willing to send me photos and information everytime that I spoke with them (beleive it was John). I just didn't want to pop for 6 speakers total, and didn't want a non-locable unit.

I've found that the DCC unit provides Plenty of quality sound with the Kenwood 6 1/2 inch speakers that I've chose. It just seems that additional speakers up front would not be needed. And I really didn't like the look of 2 speakers on each side. Having the tour pack and pods on the rear ballences the whole thing, you'd never be able to ballence out the rear with the 4 up front, I'd think that you would need a seperate amp to push the rears loud enough to hear them. After all the pod's don't really offer the reflex of the enclosure that the front fairing does, that alone helps muffle them to some degree. (the backs I'm talking about being muffled)

DCC fairing is also quiet compaired to the windscreen, no handling or buffeting. Offers very good cold weather protection to the hands at the tips of the bars. I had to use mine straight out of the box last Nov with out even being painted or populated. Weather here was in the hi teens 18* and I had to use my bike to go back and forth to work. 35 miles one way. I was sure glad that I had the fairing on then. Saved my hands and more from freezing for an hour going to work.

Good luck with your choice, sorry about my long rant,

Gary

Old 09-06-2006, 12:27 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

GMONEY220,

Thanks for the advice. I think the boss and I have narrowed it down to between your recommendation and he Dead Center Cycles version mentioned by RAM.

Appreciate the feedback.

See you on the streets...

Old 09-06-2006, 12:31 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

RAM,

Ditto my response to GMONEY220. I've gone to the DCC web site. You're right. Looks like a great product and exactly what we're looking for. I especially like the lockable feature. I am not going to Dragonfly as I, too, have experienced bad customer service from them. I.e, I sent an email to their email address from their home page requesting more info and never received a response.

Never appologize for the long rant. Appreciate the advice and the read.