Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide vs Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

This thread was started on 09-03-2006.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 AM
NHSPMCU
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I picked the Road Glide for the comfort.

There is a lot of opinion on these two models. I picked the RG because of the comfort value for the long-haul. I am 6'4", I found the the fairing on the SG comes at me and the RG fairing goes away from me giving me more room. I also (as mentioned before) like the standard cruise-control with the RG. I also agree with previous posters about highway speed stability with the RG. Smooth and no buffeting or I should say minimal compared to the SG with the bat-wing. Admittedly so it comes down to individual preferences, looks, ride quality, what kind of riding you intend on doing the most of, what you can afford, etc. I love mine and expect to keep it for many years to come. I too experienced much better gas consumption on my RG with the shark-nose fairing compared with the bat-wing on a 7500 mile trip across country. The bat-wing used about a gallon more on each tankful then my RG. Both bikes loaded with gear and comparably sized riders. Just my humble opinion...for what it's worth.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by jdag
3) I prefer the layout of the Street Glide dash. In particular, the radio on the Road Glide seems like it is a mile away and pretty uncomfortable to change.
........ that's why God invented the handlebar controls, everything that needs to be done while 'on the move' can/should be done from the handlebars.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the stability and handling of my 2010 Road Glide. It beats the 2001 and 2007 Ultra Classic I had in the past hands down. Of course I changed the seat and windshield which I've done on every bike I've ever owned. My Road Glide just don't bobble.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
TexasFLHX
Road Master

I've ridden both bikes. My thoughts are that both are comfortable, both handle good. The edge on handling tho would be for the SG but then again the edge on comfort would have to be the RG. You can't go wrong on either bike. Of course you would upgrade whatever your not happy with like i have on the comfort of my SG. Added a better seat, highway pegs and prob. real soon new rear shocks. Enjoy what you have and if your not happy with something on your bike, pull out the ole wallet and make it right.....

JMHO

Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I have been on both bike's at highway speed and there was not one noticeable difference in handling on either. My wife sat on the back of the RG and found it really not that comfy. My Fatbob is more comfy for her, but that's her. The seat and sissy bar setup I have is ace's compared to either bike.
Comparing the RG and SG fairing's is like comparing Synthetic oil with Dino oil, they both do the job. If you go buy look's the SG win's in my book.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:50 PM
woods
Cruiser

I have noticed that with no headwind, I have no buffeting on the RG.
In stock form I did get some decent buffeting with a headwind.
I changed out my wind shield with a Clear View and it helped some.
I installed lower fairings and that took care of most any buffeting I may feel.
Pretty happy with the set up now

Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
This thread was started on 09-03-2006.

Apparently someone actually used the search function. Go figger.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Volfan615
Tourer

You don't want one of those ugly Road Glides.....

Old 11-07-2009, 09:46 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
I have been on both bike's at highway speed and there was not one noticeable difference in handling on either. My wife sat on the back of the RG and found it really not that comfy. My Fatbob is more comfy for her, but that's her. The seat and sissy bar setup I have is ace's compared to either bike.
Comparing the RG and SG fairing's is like comparing Synthetic oil with Dino oil, they both do the job. If you go buy look's the SG win's in my book.

You were on it for no more than 5 minutes, and your wife was comparing your sundowner touring seat to my stock seat. Once I put on the extra wide and thick $500 harley davidson pillow seat she couldn't really cut down the seat anymore.

My buddy, who rides a Honda crotch rocket, rode all three bikes. My RG, the fat bob, and the SG. Same day, same stretch of highway. He rated my RG as the best for wind control. I though it was a good test, third party, unbiased, he could have picked any of them.

Quick Reply: Road Glide vs Street Glide