Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Tranny w/Shockproof

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way, But unless Dr. V-Twin can show proof of his post, He has lost all credibility with me for anything else he post in the future. I know we have some laughs on here and joke around, But I don't think a geniune product that people come on this forum to ask about should be handled in this manner without proof. I use RLSPH in my Tranny and like it. I'm thinking about trying the Motor and primary oil soon. I like Amsoil, but never have liked the way it's sold...like Amway products. SUX! I buy my Redline from racerpartswholesale online.
shipping isn't bad!
I agree with everything you wrote. I too have nothing against AMSOIL; however, I'm very satisfied with Redline products and I consider my search over with concerning oil companies.

Coincidently, I'm currently seriously considering a Hogtunes, or J&M, system for my 09 EGC and I was just about to contact Dr. V-Twin about it prior to this thread; not going to spend a penny with Dr. V-Twin now.

Also, Dr. V-Twin just started a new thread tonight: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...nsmission.html

Pretty slick fellow I would say; I'll never do business with him.

Last edited by Sweetbaboo; 08-16-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Using Redline V-twin w-shockproof since last week. First gear clunk mildly improved, however downshifting to a stop, the shifter feels as though it's come off the transmission. Very light shifter, takes getting used to.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweetbaboo
I agree with everything you wrote. I too have nothing against AMSOIL; however, I'm very satisfied with Redline products and I consider my search over with concerning oil companies.

Coincidently, I'm currently seriously considering a Hogtunes, or J&M, system for my 09 EGC and I was just about to contact Dr. V-Twin about it prior to this thread; not going to spend a penny with Dr. V-Twin now.

Also, Dr. V-Twin just started a new thread tonight: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...nsmission.html

Pretty slick fellow I would say; I'll never do business with him.
I totally agree with you. I don't think Amsoil would like the way he's handled this either. Now he's started another oil bashing thread. I'm with you, I won't be doing business with him.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
If I remember correctly wasn't it HogDoc that was pushing RLSPH in the Tranny???

Yes I do, because it works.

I have not seen any bulletin from HD about Redline products.

Its been in mine and my dads trannys for 30,000 + miles with nothing but great results. Ive put it in HUNDREDS of bikes and recommended it to anybody that asks. Ive put every brand of fluid in a trans you guys have ever heard of and an independant oil maker you havent with dyno testing to see if thier claim was legit and have had less than expected and desired results.

I have paid as much as 20.00 for a quart of Heavy Shock Proof and would do it again over any other brand for free............but thats just me. Your results WILL vary!