Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dXM radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 PM
cantdecide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dXM radio

Well finally went ahead and bought the Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Now i want to add XM radio to the bike but dont really want to pay $500 for the dealer XM kit. I have a Roady 2 & want to put it on the bike, is there an auxilary port i have to plug it into on the radio. I had the radio on my Goldwing & had to have it on the aux plug to make it work. Also how hard is it to pull the fairing off the UG

Old 09-03-2006, 09:29 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dXM radio

Mine is on the front of the radio.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Steele
Cruiser

Screw paying the stealer $500 for the "upgrade".

For less that $500 I got rid of that faulty HK radio, installed a Sony w/ XM and HogTunes. No regrets.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know much about the XM system but the Sirius Receivers transmit directly into the stock radio. Some styles have a modulator that plugs into the antenna cable.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:28 AM
rhinoevans
Tourer

Like already said, the AUX in is on the front of the radio. The Wing set up was much better. You can add any XM, just like you would have on the wing, and just plug into the radio AUX in. Thay all have the FM modulator, with will transmite to am an FM signal. Not bad if you have clear channels. I have the Pionner Airware installed on the right handlebar with a RAM mount. Personnally, If I could add the HD XM radio, so no visible wires are shown (antenna, power, Aux in), I would rather pay $500 for a very clean install.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

I bought a Roadie XT with the car mount kit for $40 on ebay......mounted it to my left handlebar.....ran power and antenna wires down the handlebar and into the fairing.....mounted a aux. power plug to the empty connectors on the headlight harness and taped the radio power plug into it for a good connection....mounted the antenna on top of the radio.....tuned the XM to a "clear" FM station and now I'm set.....handlbar volume control works, but you have to manually change stations.....everything is concealed and it works great....I can't imagine a trip without it

Karl

Old 09-04-2006, 02:05 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts

First off, I haven't received my Road Glide yet, so I hope it's OK to add my .02. I've used my XM radio on lots of trips both in the car and on my current ride, a Honda ST1300 ABS.

I use the Delphi My Fi for a couple reasons. While I like the FM transmitter function, I find that using the headset plug brings a much cleaner sound when I've used it through my J&M CB radio unit. I use a car kit, and I've tried to use the line out from the cradle, as well as the headphone plug off the top of the unit. I don't know why it's cleaner, but there is a significant difference in the sound that comes through my headset. I would imagine that the difference would apply through the stock HD radio also.

XM rocks! I'm listening to it even as I type this.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:57 PM
klee
Cruiser

You can get a connector cord with a FM transmitter built in, (Wally World), then you only need to dedicate one FM channel to your XM. Got it on my Ultra.