Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I have decided on a 2011 Road King........Sedona Orange...through ENCS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Think I have decided on a 2011 Road King........Sedona Orange...through ENCS

I'm currently deployed and have been kicking around in my mind that I want to buy an HD....current ride is a 2007 VTX 1300R which has really been a good bike for me...can't really complain at all....BUT I have always wanted a HD

In any event I have been going back and forth in my mind between the SG and the RK and I think the RK has won out. My VTX is setup very similar to a RK and I really like that look, style and flexibilty.

Being in the military they have a service run through Aafees that discounts a new HD if you purchase it while on a 30 day or longer deployment overseas so I am taking a hard look at that.

This is how my pricing would break down I believe:

2011 Road King 15,833.00
5 Year/ unlimited mileage Extended Service Plan 390.00
HD Factory Security System and ABS 1087.00
Cruise Control 268.00

Now they also are quoting a 380.00 Freight Charge which I guess I can understand but also a 479.00 Delivery Point Processing Service??? Not quite sure what that is all about...I wrote an email questioning that and also if the freight charge is negotiable.

Delivery would not be until December as well...not a huge deal as I'm not scheduled to come home until late fall anyways...not sure why that is on delivery date but maybe something the military has worked out with HD and their dealers

So I could have a 2011 Road King Sedona Orange for 17,578 or 18,437 if I have to pay the extra freight and shipping fees

Does it sound like I could do any better through a dealer?

Also I know this applies to a small segment here but anyone who reads this post and has purchased through the military...did you end up paying freight and destination fees of 859 dollars? Seems excessive

Thanks

Dawg

Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not going to do better at a dealer. I assume that processing fee is to pay the dealer to accept the bike and get it ready to ride. I'd see if you can get it waived, but even at $18.5k you're getting a good deal.

Have you seen Sedona Orange in person? You really should. It's not a bright "Harley" orange.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The Sedona Orange is the best new color by far IMO. In the sunlight it's really nice.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

I think it breaks down to about 2310 off MSRP. The 5 year extended warranty is usually 999.00 but they discounted it 609 dollars....that was after I hedged a bit on the price of it so it sounds like they can play with numbers a bit.

No I have not seen it in person but I know it is not the bright bright Harley orange...sort of a muted orange a bit with a sparkle in it if it was described to me correctly?

Dawg

Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can, look at the pictures of the street glide trike online on the HD website. It really pops with the chrome.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
AzDesertTroll
Road Captain

Bought my '09 RKC through the same program. Just FYI you will have to pay local sales tax, Doc fees and licensing at the delivery dealer. Also they would not let me take possession until I provided insurance for the bike, not just the insurance coverage that I had on my other vehicle with a normal few days to get it added. So it ended up being pretty much the same as if I would have walked into a dealer and started the process, which is what I did when I bought the wife her '09 Deluxe. The nice part about the military program was the bike was what I ordered and was waiting for me when I arrived at the dealer, as opposed to the wife's bike having to do dealer trades to get it.

Enjoy the new bike and stay safe.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Beauty of living in the "Live Free or Die" state of New Hampshire...no sales tax!

I'll ask about the doc fees etc to the ENCS rep..thanks for the heads up!

Dawg

Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
If you can, look at the pictures of the street glide trike online on the HD website. It really pops with the chrome.

Thanks for the point in that direction! Wow! That sure is the color I am looking for!

Dawg

Old 08-11-2010, 01:40 PM
AZ Road King
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my new 2010 RK. Best bike I have ever owned.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

I don't know about that. I live in FL, which is also an "no sales tax" state but still had to pay sales tax on my new Harley.

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Beauty of living in the "Live Free or Die" state of New Hampshire...no sales tax!

I'll ask about the doc fees etc to the ENCS rep..thanks for the heads up!

Dawg

Quick Reply: Think I have decided on a 2011 Road King........Sedona Orange...through ENCS