Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

it should not be this hard

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
chipofsc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it should not be this hard

I have been trying to buy a street glide for two weeks now. All the dealers want new bike prices for used ones and I don't want to buy a 10 or 11 and have to replace the exhaust and race tuner. I have found two but they have sold before I could get to them. Is it this crazy everwhere or just here in south carolina? This must be the hotest bike out now.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:27 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

They were everywhere cheap until I was ready to buy and then ... where'd they go???

Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search ebay or craigslist for areas that are in driving distance for you. Atlanta/Charlotte are both fairly large markets. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
chipofsc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I have but how do you deal with people who have purchased the bike through harley davidson. Do you give them 17000 in cash and hope they pay the loan off and send you the title. This is what Im finding with late model street glides. Not many people have the titles in hand or even have them through locals banks. I hate buying from dealers but it sure is easy.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:33 PM
JackD
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by chipofsc
I have been trying to buy a street glide for two weeks now. All the dealers want new bike prices for used ones and I don't want to buy a 10 or 11 and have to replace the exhaust and race tuner. I have found two but they have sold before I could get to them. Is it this crazy everwhere or just here in south carolina? This must be the hotest bike out now.
Too bad your way down yonder! I got a guy would hook you up! If he don't have it .........He will get it for ya!! Brother they are hungry! Want to be the biggest H/D dealer in the state! They beat out a whole lotta others on my trade, by about $2500 ! Like I said!! They are hungry!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, I think most states the owner has the "Title in hand" now, and they have to get a Letter of lean release from them after they pay it off.
So you will have the title, it just has a lean against it......
I wouldn't be too afraid to buy that way.... the other option is if they have it financed locally go to the bank with them....

I would have a hard time paying 17,000 for a used one, since I only paid 17,500 OTD for my '10! And only have about 1,000 more with the seat, pipe and muffler, and mustache bar so far.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 293 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Good Price!

Originally Posted by JimTJr
Well, I think most states the owner has the "Title in hand" now, and they have to get a Letter of lean release from them after they pay it off.
I wouldn't be too afraid to buy that way.... the other option is if they have it financed locally go to the bank with them....

I would have a hard time paying 17,000 for a used one, since I only paid 17,500 OTD for my '10! And only have about 1,000 more with the seat, pipe and muffler, and mustache bar so far.
Hey could tell or pm me that Dealers name?
They are a good chunk of cash higher here in Dallas area!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
JackD
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTJr

Thats cause he sold ya a bike with only one pipe hanging out the back! Told him you were from MO. did'nt ya!!???????????

Old 08-10-2010, 09:54 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Yep, I actually like the 2-1 system now,,, I didn't think I would, I was sure I would change to a true duals system if I got a '10. But decided I like the look, I'll get rid of the cat, or get a real good 2-1 system later. Then us guys who purchased the '10s will have a little something to distinguish us from the rest of the Street Glides. You'll know when your following us, instead of wondering, is that a '10-'11 or '12 one of these days!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It is called "Dealer Assist" Ask for it by name...

Most Harleys, financed by Harley, can be sold thru any dealer as third party between two private party's.

The cost is 500-1000 and is totally up to the dealer to charge what he wants. They pocket some cash, handle the title safely, and hope to get the new buyer into financing also for more more more more money!!!!

Check it out....

Quick Reply: it should not be this hard