Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010 | 08:54 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior

I've never owned the MO's but, I have the Jackpot Classics and they are my favorite of all the mufflers I've owned over the years. The sound is on the mellow side but deep. You can still hear the bike but the neighbors don't mind it like the Rush 1.75 I used to run.

I used to have longshots on my old bike and they were obnoxious. I also had Sampson's at one time and they would set off car alarms. Maybe I'm just getting older but, I really love the Jackpots.

I bought mine second hand and they have a bit of yellowing but I'm afraid to replace them as I don't want to loose the perfect sound. IMHO of course.

Old 08-10-2010 | 09:20 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Egldr05
Please tell me more about why you like them better than the MO's. I was (am) also considering Monster Rounds or maybe the new 4" Rineharts.

I'm currently running V&H Power Duals with Khromewerks new 3.5" HP Plus touring mufflers on my 05 Eglide. Wanting to go back to 2 pipes and something a little quieter I replaced my FC with this combo but now I'm thinking they're a little too tame for my liking and I could be wrong but I think they're a little too restrictive for this build but maybe I'm feeling the loss of the 2-1.

Rick

98" @ 10.5 comp
Wild Things TC 26G cams
heads fully ported
48mm HPI TB
TMAX AT

05 FLHTCX

The Monster Ovals look beefy from the rear, but will scrape in sharp corners when riding in the mountains due to the extra width of the tips. The mufflers are heavy, and also tend to rotate downward over time as they have asymmetrical inlets. Just a PITA to keep tightening. The MO sound was just too quiet for me. True, a mellow tone, but I just like rapping the throttle and hearing the "bark" sound as I snort the bike around. I had the PowerDual head pipe as well. Other than heat reduction, I didn't notice a meaningful gain on the dyno with the pipe, nor the mufflers, especially after almost a grand spent (<3 HP and <2TQ on the dyno). The MO are internally baffled to be mellow, but are somewhat restrictive for true straight-through flow. I drilled the center baffle plates as well, which helped the tone, but didn't help with performance. My bike makes the same power with the Jackpots, and I even put quite a chunk of cash back in my pocket after selling both the headpipe and MO's. Everyone is different and has different tastes and preferences- I just wanted better performance, better cornering ability, and a raspy exhaust note. Good luck on your choice..

Old 08-11-2010 | 08:36 AM
Egldr05
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RK09RK
The MO are internally baffled to be mellow, but are somewhat restrictive for true straight-through flow. I drilled the center baffle plates as well, which helped the tone, but didn't help with performance.
That’s my thinking on the mufflers I’m currently running. 6” +/- into the muffler and the exhaust hits a brick wall in the form of a flat plug blocking all exhaust from running through. The plug forces it through the first baffle and then into the larger second baffle. I’m half tempted to knock out or drill out the plug. My opinion is these are the perfect muffler for a stock motor for someone wanting a little more rumble.

Rick

Last edited by Egldr05; 08-11-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-11-2010 | 08:41 AM
Egldr05
|
Road Warrior

Deleted, duplicate post.

Rick

Last edited by Egldr05; 08-11-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Duplicate post