Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowest payments

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:01 PM
stevegray
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowest payments

Hey guys.

Snuck over from the sportster forum. Yesterday I was thinking about what I would do after my bike was paid off (going to be a while yet).
Naturally the first thing I thought of was..buy another bike! Given the amount of riding that I do, and want to do, and the fact that the wife likes to come along the only obvious choice is a tourer. I really like the looks of the electra glide.

So, how affordable can these things be? I know they are expensive and I am fine with that.
Which one of you think you have the lowest monthly payments on your tourer?

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Default RE: lowest payments

They can be expensive, that's true. With the EG cop bikes, you do get a lot of bike for the money. You can change the run-flat cop bike tires out for more conventional tires rated for 2-up riding and add a passenger seat and passenger floor boards for hauling the wife around . Oh, I'm pretty sure my monthly payments are among the lowest since I have none.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends how you finance. A Glide will run you on average about 20 grand new depending on which model you decide on. Credit unions, Harley financing, home equity loans, check them all out. I started with a home equity loan, then transferred to a credit card account at 1.99% for the life of the debt. Just waiting for a 0% for life offer to come along. One caution about this method though, DO NOT make a late payment. That will be their excuse to jack you up to 21%.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There are really too many variables. Assuming a good credit rating ,interest rates can still be all over the place. Harley offers long term to 84 months which of course means lower payments but more money over the life of the loan. Also, a lot of banks and other institutions do not like bike financing and require big down payments and will sometimes only finance for 36 months. I would look for one in the middle,say a credit unoin that will go 60 months. Tampa federal credit union for example offers 6% for as long as 72 months if you have a 720 score. On the other hand one credit union I have used for years will only do 36 months and want 10% as an APR in spite of the fact I have done buisness with them for 30 years with no problems. Harleys hold their value much better than cars. I have two expensive cars with them for 72 monts but cant get a favorable bike arrangement because they just dont want to do bikes. Shop around and always focus on the APR and length of months. Harley is convienent but often higher ,but will let you finance all your chrome ,insurance,taxes and clothing in one payment.Their insurance is very good by the way as the companies the use like progressive are highly rated.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:35 PM
stevegray
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Eyespy

Oh, I'm pretty sure my monthly payments are among the lowest since I have none.

Ok, if you have your bike paid off, or paid cash, that doesn't count [sm=bling.gif]

Old 09-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: stevegray

ORIGINAL: Eyespy

Oh, I'm pretty sure my monthly payments are among the lowest since I have none.

Ok, if you have your bike paid off, or paid cash, that doesn't count [sm=bling.gif]
Crap! Just my luck.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:49 AM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than what has already been said, the monthly payments are going to depend on the down payment if any. What the trade-in value is.

If I had not has a few bucks saved, that I might say was saved for other plans, I would never have been able to trade for my Ultra Classic.

After the trade and some additional cash added I was able to get my payments to around $165.00.

My house is paid off and I only have utilities, insurance, food expenses etc. With my 100% VA disability there's still to much month left at the end of the money.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:58 PM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the Harley website. Click on the model that you like. There is an "estimate payment" section. You can play witht the variables suck as down payment, length of time and interest rate. That would give you a good idea.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
stevegray
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: myzen

Go to the Harley website. Click on the model that you like. There is an "estimate payment" section. You can play witht the variables suck as down payment, length of time and interest rate. That would give you a good idea.

Thanks for all of the input. I understand financials and all that business.
My question was not how to get low payments, it was who thinks they have the lowest.

Like cutacroshorty said he managed $165, which is pretty damn low. Thats only $45 more than my payments on the Sporty.

Again, thanks for all the input. This is such a good forum. [sm=coolness.gif]