Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

missing post?????? cop runs over biker

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Default missing post?????? cop runs over biker

arrived here in AZ - wanted to show a friend the post on the IN cop that ran over the bikers at the red light... Am I just getting old or did the link get removed??

Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
arrived here in AZ - wanted to show a friend the post on the IN cop that ran over the bikers at the red light... Am I just getting old or did the link get removed??
Looks like it has been removed
PM sent

Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

what was so wrong with the post? It is gone from my search/history - looks like the Mods didn't like it?????????????? what rule did it break??

Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This just in

A blood draw from an Indianapolis police officer who crashed into two motorcycles, killing one person and critically injuring two others, tested positive for alcohol, Chief Paul Ciesielski said today.

"We are currently working with the prosecutor's office after learning the results of the blood draw for alcohol have tested positive on Officer David Bisard," Ciesielski said in a prepared statement. "The investigation in to the crash continues and we will be consulting with the prosecutor's office tomorrow to determine what charges may be filed.

"Once those decisions are made, we will be able to provide more details about the investigation."

A family member of one of the victims said he was told by authorities that Bisard had a blood alcohol count of .19 percent -- more than twice the legal limit for driving.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's still posted but in the General Section.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-accident.html

Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vzts4q
A blood draw from an Indianapolis police officer who crashed into two motorcycles, killing one person and critically injuring two others, tested positive for alcohol, Chief Paul Ciesielski said today.

"We are currently working with the prosecutor's office after learning the results of the blood draw for alcohol have tested positive on Officer David Bisard," Ciesielski said in a prepared statement. "The investigation in to the crash continues and we will be consulting with the prosecutor's office tomorrow to determine what charges may be filed.

"Once those decisions are made, we will be able to provide more details about the investigation."

A family member of one of the victims said he was told by authorities that Bisard had a blood alcohol count of .19 percent -- more than twice the legal limit for driving.
As a 30 year LEO up here in Toronto, it saddens me greatly to hear that a "brother" officer may have done this. I hate it on a lot of levels but mostly because it taints the work of many thousands of good, honest and hard-working officers who only go to work everyday to help people.
This story has really bummed me out. Hard to accept but I know that we're not all perfect.

1HarleyGuy1

Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Update- HEADS roll -

http://www.fox59.com/news/bisardinve...,3970280.story

Last edited by harley0711; 08-23-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We get it already. Cops are human too.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
We get it already. Cops are human too.
???????????????

Not real sure what your post means??? do you think I am making too much of this???

I am a retired FF (35 years) I have Many friends that are LEO's

I know this guy will have his day in court but it 'seems' he was more than twice the legal limit ON DUTY - Humans make mistakes - this was NOT a mistake... It was Murder and to be a LEO - makes it even worse...

Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems to me you are harping on this story. The moderator moved it once already (because it doesn't belong in the touring section) and you asked where it went. Someone else post part of the story and you post a link again (even though the mod moved it once already)

I am sure when he was drinking he was thinking of going out and running someone over. Murder? A bit much.

Actually he was 1x the legal limit, if the limit is .08 and he was .19 that is one times the legal limit, twice the legal limit would be .24, being over the limit at all or near the limit is too much. I wonder what was going on in is life that he needed to be drinking then. Maybe he worked midnights and he was at a party beforehand, it is tragic, someone is dead and the former cop's life is ruined also.

Thank you for your years of service as a Firefighter, glad you made it 35 years.

Last edited by Lawdawg; 08-23-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: missing post?????? cop runs over biker