Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with Idiots

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 PM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm a backroad loner (except for the OL). Safer that way! Keep yer eyes peeled!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Another reason I would not like the idea of lane splitting, hard to predict reaction from cages.

2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same concern with riders as you do. That's one of the main reason there is only a select few I will ride with. Had the same problem with scuba diving. If I didnt know you very well, I wouldnt dive with you. Just to much of a liability.

I thought it was a great statement, theres one in every group, and if you do not know who it is, then it must be you!

Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in agreement with others here as i usually ride alone. Occasionally, i get talked into doing a group ride with friends but seems there is almost always that problem child in the group. I can remember one such ride it was such a problem that i split off from the group and went my own way. I refuse to ride with idiots.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like splitting lanes is kind of risky too. Can't do that around here.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:19 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
I'm sure you all have that guy in your group that makes you more nervous when he rides with your group. Thought i'd share a story of how an idiot almost got me killed this weekend.

I have to start this by saying that this guy is one of those guys that is more concerned with what song is on his radio and who is looking at him than what is happening on the road ahead of him. so i usually try to lead and let him follow.

We were riding north on the 5 freeway in Orance County and traffic started to back up. We began cutting traffic between the carpool lane and the lane next to it. all of a sudden I see this guy on the left side of the carpool lane splitting between the cars and a concrete wall. a car sees him and gives him some room to pass, and cuts me off. I had to lock up the rear, and the OL starts yelling at me cuz she didn't see dipshit in the other lane.

I could have killed him. I had to share that with you guys cuz it was driving me crazy and i know you guys know exactly what i'm talking about.
I understand you frustrations.....but your mistake was leading and letting him follow. Let him lead and then he is always in your sight!! Or just ride lone wolf!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Please, tell me ya AIN'T gonna ride with this idiot ever again!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He and I would have had a few words at the next stop. Depending how well he took the *** chewing would determine if the *** chewing turned into an *** beating... I hate jack offs like that.

I enjoy riding in my HOG chapter group. But these are guys I ride with all the time. Ride events I’m not too big on. But I have to admit I really enjoy riding solo...

Old 08-09-2010, 07:28 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
I'm sure you all have that guy in your group that makes you more nervous when he rides with your group. Thought i'd share a story of how an idiot almost got me killed this weekend.

I have to start this by saying that this guy is one of those guys that is more concerned with what song is on his radio and who is looking at him than what is happening on the road ahead of him. so i usually try to lead and let him follow.

We were riding north on the 5 freeway in Orance County and traffic started to back up. We began cutting traffic between the carpool lane and the lane next to it. all of a sudden I see this guy on the left side of the carpool lane splitting between the cars and a concrete wall. a car sees him and gives him some room to pass, and cuts me off. I had to lock up the rear, and the OL starts yelling at me cuz she didn't see dipshit in the other lane.

I could have killed him. I had to share that with you guys cuz it was driving me crazy and i know you guys know exactly what i'm talking about.
I always put them up front.. Let them assend someone else... And yes we had that guy exactly.. Dicking with his ipod at 65.. We dont call him anymore.. At all.. We just did Gettysburg bike week... no one answered his calls for a month before... He got the hint.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ilove to ride with my younger brother, but he can't hold his place in formation worth a chit. If I put him in front of me I can keep the proper spacing, and I don't have to worry what he's doing behind me. .

Quick Reply: Riding with Idiots