Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corbin fitment

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 AM
cannedham1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corbin fitment

I need help with fitment on a corbin seat. Ive tried 6 different seats and have yet to find one that is comfortable or fits me correctly. I want to try a corbin but they are pricey so I thought id pick up a used one on e-bay. I have a road king custom and most are for RK classics or standards. I called corbin and they say they wont fit but dont know what the difference is. I do know my dash comes all the way down the tank and one of the RKs is a short one. Im thinking they say that because they want me to purchase a new one. If anyone can confirm the fitment id really appreciate it.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a Corbin solo on my RK Custom. Fits the dash perfectly. I have a C&C that is not specifically made for the Custom but there's not much difference. They mount totally differently. The Corbin doesn't have the seat screw in back. It locks on the bottom and is released by a key on the side of the seat. Kinda cool. Both seats are generous in seating area as opposed to the Mustang dual seat I have which makes me feel pushed farther forward.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:35 AM
peteandruthie
4th Gear

I just sold the corbin that I installed on my 08 Road Glide; it was way to hard even after 3,000 miles. If you are still looking for a seat I have a Mustang touring seat & rider back rest that I had on my 07 Road King Custom. It's in as new condition (why I kept it when I sold the 07). I'm in Canada and $300 plus shipping would do it. If you are interested I could take a photo of it.

Pete

Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
cannedham1
Cruiser
Default corbin fitment

What im trying to find out is if the corbin seats for classic and standard road kings will fit a road king custom. The part numbers are different. I thought about getting a mustang but they seem to put you higher and I need to be lowered. The mustangs also look wider than the corbins but if you dont mind sending pics. ide take a look at it. My e-mail address is cannedham1@aol.com. Thanks. I had a corbin solo before but sold it to go with a two up. That one was specifacally for the RK custom.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The different part nos. for the RK Custom seat is due to its different tank console length. Some folks can be very picky about how the seat nose fits to the end of the tank console.

The RK seat not specific to the Custom will fit; the mounting is the same regardless of model.

HD is inconsistent with its fitment information if you check the seats in the catalog: some excluding RK Custom for a particular seat, while other seats make no distinction for the RK Custom.

Call Corbin and ask about the specific difference in the nose between the RK Standard/Classic and Custom.

Carl

Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
The different part nos. for the RK Custom seat is due to its different tank console length. Some folks can be very picky about how the seat nose fits to the end of the tank console.

The RK seat not specific to the Custom will fit; the mounting is the same regardless of model.

HD is inconsistent with its fitment information if you check the seats in the catalog: some excluding RK Custom for a particular seat, while other seats make no distinction for the RK Custom.

Call Corbin and ask about the specific difference in the nose between the RK Standard/Classic and Custom.

Carl
The other difference is that the RK custom seat is flat along the bottom edge, the other RK seats have a relief for the rear crash bars.

If you find a seat for the 04-05 CVO e-glide, that seat will also fit your bike.

I tried a Mustang seat on my bike last year, but I like the more rearward seating position of the Corbin.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
The other difference is that the RK custom seat is flat along the bottom edge, the other RK seats have a relief for the rear crash bars.

If you find a seat for the 04-05 CVO e-glide, that seat will also fit your bike.

I tried a Mustang seat on my bike last year, but I like the more rearward seating position of the Corbin.
Excellent point about the bag guard issue. I have the Corbin seat for the '04-'05 SEEG on my bike.

Carl

Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I ordered a Corbin over the phone and I truly think Corbin is a down to earth company that will not steer you wrong nor will they make an unethical attempt to take your money. 400 to 500 bones for the seat is worth it. So I suggest you sell the wife's car and buy the seat.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:18 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Be advised, this is not my experience, but several posters on this board will relate stories of terrible customer service from Corbin. Just something to keep in mind.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I think a seat that a seat fits a street glide will fit on a Road King Custom too.I had a seat off a RK Custom on my 06 EG Standard.I had the extended console on the tank and the bag guards.It fit very nicely.

Quick Reply: corbin fitment