Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Ulra Flip Up Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default LRS Ultra Flip Up Review

I replaced my 12" Clearview(which is a good shield) with a Long Ride Shields Ultra Flip up 10" in Med. Gray. First off, the service from LRS was very fast and efficient, I ordered on-line, and got the HDF discount. Got it in the mail in 3 days. The quality of the shield seems to be topshelf, thicker than the Clearview or stock one, and has a nice finish. Install takes a couple minutes. The T Bags pouch works fine with this shield. The tint is a nice true Gray color, not brown as some have mentioned here. It looks great on the black Ultra. How does it work? Kicks the bugs over my head and no buffeting, just as advertised. I look about 2" over the top of the shield. Yes, I would buy this shield again. No, I don't work for them. Thanks LRS, for building an affordable good shield!

Last edited by hover; 08-09-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 AM
twildman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hover
I replaced my 12" Clearview(which is a good shield) with a Long Ride Shields Ultra Flip up 10" in Med. Gray. First off, the service from LRS was very fast and efficient, I ordered on-line, and got the HDF discount. Got it in the mail in 3 days. The quality of the shield seems to be topshelf, thicker than the Clearview or stock one, and has a nice finish. Install takes a couple minutes. The T Bags pouch works fine with this shield. The tint is a nice true Gray color, not brown as some have mentioned here. It looks great on the black Ultra. How does it work? Kicks the bugs over my head and no buffeting, just as advertised. I look about 2" over the top of the shield. Yes, I would buy this shield again. No, I don't work for them. Thanks LRS, for building an affordable good shield!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

would one of these work on a memphis shades batwing fairing...without modifying?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:42 PM
ks6c
Tourer

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I first tried the LRS X-Stream on my Limited but was surprised by the amount of buffeting on both sides of the helmet - at 70mph, it became unbearable. I zipped it back to LRS and in a few short days I had a 9 inch Ultra, medium tint.

Like hover, I was immediately impressed with the thickness of the shield compared to the HD 9.5 inch that I had been running since first putting it on my '07 Ultra. Finish was flawless, so I mounted it and took it for a test ride Saturday.

First impressions - I like it, and it's different in some ways. I thought the 9" would give me a bit more of a view over the shield than the 9.5", but the re-curve seems to put the edge back in the line of sight at the same level as the 9" (I'm 5'9" on a shaved Mean City Cycles seat). The buffeting has disappeared almost completely - so I am happy!

What is different is kinda hard to explain, but it has to do with the air pressures in the "cockpit" - they are lighter, giving a lighter feeling on the bars, probably from not pushing me back so hard. Not bad at all, just different.

Tomorrow, I'm riding an Iron Butt SS1K as part of the IBA National Meet that will be held here in Denver this week. It'll be interesting to see if the lighter feel will translate into less fatigue over an 18 hour ride.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:48 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I tried 2 different X-stream shields and could never get one to work, finally had them send me a 9" Ultra flip and I love it, it works well and looks good, the Ultra is a top shelf product

Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by tj316
I tried 2 different X-stream shields and could never get one to work, finally had them send me a 9" Ultra flip and I love it, it works well and looks good, the Ultra is a top shelf product
Thanks for all the feedback- it seems like the Ultra really performs better and its always the one I recommend.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

count me in as another satisfied 9" ultra flip customer!

Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
rallyrat
Advanced

Have to agree. I'm another happy customer. 9" Ultra light tint.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NC Pirate
count me in as another satisfied 9" ultra flip customer!
Originally Posted by rallyrat
Have to agree. I'm another happy customer. 9" Ultra light tint.
cept I'm running the 8" Dark Tint.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
michaelm
Tourer

I just installed the 7" Ultra. About as much wind deflection or a bit more (upwards) as a 8" Clearview or a "Classic" LRS 8". Just the ticket for me.

Quick Reply: LRS Ulra Flip Up Review