Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Ulra Flip Up Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the info. I'm still using the stock shield, but I'm keeping an eye out for a better one when I have my $ together.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Looking at the Ultra myself. Currently running a 10" Clarks Half Moon, 5 ft. 9 inch with a Sundowner, a 7 inch has been recommended. What do you guys think?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

Yeah well let me know when they make one for the RG.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:45 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm sorta tall at 6' 4" and matt, the owner or guy who works there suggested at my height to use the 10" shield. i ordered it and it was sent via priority mail, and the packaging was great. it had the sticky plastic wrap around the shield itself and was in absolutely perfect condition. not even any very tiny scratches. i got the medium gray tint on matts suggestion and it's perfect for me. i look over the edge of the the shield by about 2" and it directs the windstream to just above my helmet, providing a very comfortable ride for me. at 70 mph i can light a cigarette and have a smoke too. to do it again, i'd get exactly the same shield. one of the neatest features of the plastic they use is that it's not hard coated like harleys stuff. if i were to get a minor nick or scratch on the shields surface i could easily buff it out unlike with the hardcoated plastic some companies use. ammonia in windex will screw up the surface of a hard coated shield that comes on a stock harley. not so with the long ride shield. i must mention that it sure does give my black streetglide that stealth look too. it improved the aesthetics more than i thought it would. thanks longride shields.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

sorry to double post guys, but i got the one with the flip at the top, and with the light gray i've been caught in rain and i can see through it enough to be safe to duck in behind it and see to ride if need be.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Saved Sinner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the 10" Ultra Flip and like it real well. I'm 6'3" and had earlier tried a 8 1/2 inch "Crockwerks" and it was like riding with no windshield.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 PM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I rode my Iron Butt SaddleSore1000 yesterday around Colorado, the first real ride with my new LRS 9" medium gray Ultra and it exceeded all of my expectations.

Buffeting was almost entirely gone and pressure in the cockpit was noticeably less, as I noted in my previous post. Both contributed to significantly less fatigue over a 16 hour ride and I was fresh enough to be ready for another 500 miles!

I couldn't see through the shield by the end of the day, but that was due entirely to bug kill and not the tint <g>. Only 1 bug wasn't deflected by the flip, but going by the size of the splat on my faceshield, it must have been the size of a hummingbird and twice as juicy! Don't think anything would have deflected that one - had to stop and clean the shield...

I went from a 9.5" HD screen to this 9" Ultra. I'm thinking I may give the 8" a try just to get a bit more view over the screen, and still have the benefits of less buffeting.