Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road King with Rush Slip Ons quiet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:27 PM
CardiacThug
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Road King with Rush Slip Ons quiet!!!

So i put Rush Slipons 2.0 on my 2010 RK when I bought the bike, and it still sounds like stock pipes. I've read the cat converter is the culprit and am quite impressed how the dealer mentioned that when I dropped $400 on a set of slip ons to waken the thing up and that it would still be quiet (thats sarcasm if no one picked up on it). Can I change baffle size in the slip ons and would that make a difference, I know I'll probably have to get a fuel management system. I just went on a 3 day run too Ocean City,MD with a buddy on a 06 Low Rider with Screaming Eagles and all I heard was his pipes, its like I'm on my Suzuki M50 all over again. How can I waken up the RK and make it rumble like a Harley???

Old 08-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're gonna need to replace the stock head pipe with the cat converter with an aftermarket pipe, like the Fuel Moto, or V&H True Duals. And yes you should get a fuel management system and A/C while you're at it and be done with it.

Fuel moto can set you up with a package for a lot cheaper than the dealer if you're somewhat mechanically inclined or know a cheap Indy. They will send you the Power Commander with a map for the combo of parts you have. You're bike will make more power, run better, sound better, and run cooler.

Good Luck.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 PM
CardiacThug
Advanced

Anyway to do it cheaper than 2 grand. How do the VH's sound at idle?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
gman116
Advanced

Just put V&H Dresser Duals, V&H Blackout Rounds, Stage 1 air kit, and V&H Fuelpak on my 2010 Police Electra Glide this past weekend. Got out for my first good ride tonight and thought it was great! Nice deep rumble at idle and really barks when getting on the throttle. The V&H Fuelpak program seems to be right on, as there was no popping or hesitation that I noticed. Definitely a reduction in heat without the CAT in the headpipes. That was a major difference. The bike seemed to cool down a lot faster after getting home also. The stereo sound of the true duals is another added bonus. I got the new headpipes, slip-ons, and air cleaner from Fuel Moto. The Fuelpak came from Eastern Performance. $1,100 total and installed them myself with a little help from a buddy of mine.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if he wants to do this the most inexpensive way - other that cutting/chiseling out the cat, wont an 09 headpipe bolt right up. If he goes with a PC-V he wont have to worry about the different size O2s, then add a muffler bracket.
About the baffle sizes, if the 2.0 didnt make the difference, the 2.25 or 2.50 wont either. Cats got to go.

Originally Posted by CardiacThug
So i put Rush Slipons 2.0 on my 2010 RK when I bought the bike, and it still sounds like stock pipes. I've read the cat converter is the culprit and am quite impressed how the dealer mentioned that when I dropped $400 on a set of slip ons to waken the thing up and that it would still be quiet (thats sarcasm if no one picked up on it). Can I change baffle size in the slip ons and would that make a difference, I know I'll probably have to get a fuel management system. I just went on a 3 day run too Ocean City,MD with a buddy on a 06 Low Rider with Screaming Eagles and all I heard was his pipes, its like I'm on my Suzuki M50 all over again. How can I waken up the RK and make it rumble like a Harley???