Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stretched saddlebag help/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:53 PM
firebagger13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stretched saddlebag help/opinions

ok guys i need your help..im about to buy extended saddlebags for my RK custom and cant decide on which brand i want. ive been tossing up bad dad, milwalkee bagger, top shop or sinisters new abs bags. i also have to get lids and am probably gna get a fender too(really want sinisters smoothy but its $!). i am worried about dragging as well so.. any advice or opinions would b awesome. thanks!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:10 PM
johnx121
Novice

I had Bad Dad's on my Road King couldnt be happier. I never dragged them and i had a inch and a half lowering kit even with a passenger.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not certain so try a search but I think it might have been top shop was offering them for I believe 679 a day or 2 ago.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 PM
LADNAR
Tourer

I think you should just buy a couple of different sets, and keep the set that you like the best. Whichever set you decide against, you can sell to me for a big discount. Win Win!

Oh, and if you could paint at least one of those sets black, it would be much appreciated!

Seriously though, I've heard good things about Bad Dads, but can't afford to try any out right now to provide you with any useful feedback.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Rammer
Cruiser

I have top shop bags and I am very happy with them. The guy that painted them was very impressed with the quality and finish of the bags. So much so that he said he was going to order a set for his bike that he puts in shows

Old 08-07-2010, 08:38 PM
firebagger13
2nd Gear

thanks for the info guys. i like how i can go with a 3 inch stretched with top shop because i have a rk custom wich is alredy an inch lower and im gna lower it another inch cause im kinda short. i just really dont want my new bags to grind the street!!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine are Top Shop and the bags are good qualty and came well prepped. That said, they are heavy, I would be interested in the Sinister bags for lower weight.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 PM
scot210
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with bad dad's 4" rear fender and stretched bags. I am just getting ready to send to paint. Jacob at bad dad has been awesome. Very helpful. In my books, it is bad dad for sure. The look is awesome. Just my 2 cents

Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 AM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

BadDad's hands down. Excellent product, customer service that is second to none. I have their Bags, Fender, Stretched Tank Shroud & Dash. Everything fits like it should and looks great. I have air ride in the rear and have yet to scrape, just be careful how you ride. If you like to ride pretty aggressive, then I would strongly suggest Scrape Guards for the bottoms, and I would also buy the Fender & Bags from the same seller regardless of who you end up buying from. That way you can be confident they will fit together correctly.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:10 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by YtseJam
I would also buy the Fender & Bags from the same seller regardless of who you end up buying from. That way you can be confident they will fit together correctly.
I was going to recommend that as well. I don't have extended bags or a rear fender, but if I was looking to do it all, I would definately buy it all from the same vendor. I don't believe I've seen two different vendors products match up right although bypink's CVO fender/tailight assembly and Top Shop Bags looked pretty damn good. Can't really tell from pics though. What I have read here is plenty of bad stories relating to using a certain vendors bags and a different vendors fender or vice versa. To me it just makes sense to do it that way.

All this talk of fenders and bags makes me want some now.

Quick Reply: stretched saddlebag help/opinions