Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stretched saddlebag help/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:17 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Gatortail doesnt it goes below the signal bar

Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Daddy, I got my fendercover from Milwakee Bagger and Nick offered to do if I wanted it done, I choose not to but I wanted the stock light bar and he did the cut outs.Just ask who ever your considering.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:29 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDaddyOC
This topic got me back to thinking...and I just realized something. I went back and started looking at all these. Which fender can I use that still allows use of the detachable backrest and the stealth rack? This bike is still a rider and the wife and I will throw some soft luggage on the back and go. But looking around it appears these all eliminate the rear bar, which is now my stealth rack, and I'm even questioning if they allow the detachable backrest?
BadDad's has relocator brackets that allow you to still use the Backrest. If you check their website, I believe I have also seen the Fender with a Tourpak.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:40 PM
WI Bob
Road Master

Just to answer a couple questions from my experience working on my brother's 2009 Roadking project.

The Top Shop bags lined up very well with Sinister Ind. stretch fender.

And we do have the FBI relocation docking hardware on that bike too. All fit well.

Here is the link.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...r-project.html

Old 08-09-2010, 04:35 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think most bags will work with any other vendors fender.... its all in how you adjust them to make them fit... i havent seen any yet that you can just bolt on and walk away ....everyone molds the saddlebags based on oem bags as far as size and angels.... i have Bad Dad fender and top shop bags ....it took alot of hours and some fiber-glassing to make things look good but that wasnt because they were from different vendors... even the brackets from Bad Dad that replace your back fender required tweaking to make them work.....so any of you guys that think its just bollt the parts on and your done will probably be disappointed in final fit and fininsh or your not very picky

Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 PM
trampsinger
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Milwaukee Baggers bags and fender and I'm happy with them.

Attached Thumbnails stretched saddlebag help/opinions-picture-033.jpg  
Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
brunosrk
Tourer

Originally Posted by mslater741
i think most bags will work with any other vendors fender.... its all in how you adjust them to make them fit... i havent seen any yet that you can just bolt on and walk away ....everyone molds the saddlebags based on oem bags as far as size and angels.... i have Bad Dad fender and top shop bags ....it took alot of hours and some fiber-glassing to make things look good but that wasnt because they were from different vendors... even the brackets from Bad Dad that replace your back fender required tweaking to make them work.....so any of you guys that think its just bollt the parts on and your done will probably be disappointed in final fit and fininsh or your not very picky
I agree 100%. I re-worked my TopShop bags and GatorTail fender extension to my liking. The out of the box exhuast cutout fit on both was horrible. I say horrible because the cutouts were just too damn big. I know it's a matter of personal taste and I respect that, but I'm surprised out how many guys are accepting of those huge exhaust cutouts. The cutouts you did on your's look great. This is post of mine from a couple of weeks ago. (BTW I did get the fender molding done) https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...t-damn-it.html

Old 08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brunosrk
I agree 100%. I re-worked my TopShop bags and GatorTail fender extension to my liking. The out of the box exhuast cutout fit on both was horrible. I say horrible because the cutouts were just too damn big. I know it's a matter of personal taste and I respect that, but I'm surprised out how many guys are accepting of those huge exhaust cutouts. The cutouts you did on your's look great. This is post of mine from a couple of weeks ago. (BTW I did get the fender molding done) https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...t-damn-it.html
right on....i dont care for a straight up vertical cut on the saddlebags, but a radius cut with about 3/8" margin around the pipe....also need to fiberglass a return edge to make the fender look like its about 3/4" thick rather than the 1/8" look that it really is.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM
brunosrk
Tourer

Originally Posted by mslater741
right on....i dont care for a straight up vertical cut on the saddlebags, but a radius cut with about 3/8" margin around the pipe....also need to fiberglass a return edge to make the fender look like its about 3/4" thick rather than the 1/8" look that it really is.
Thought about doing a "hook" on the cutout for the bags and fender. I did a mock up with chip board and decided against it. After completing the "returns" on the fender cutouts I kicked myself in the *** for not doing the tail (bottom) of the fender as well. I'll get to it before I finish it up completely.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
68 shovel
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the Milwaukee Bagger extended bags on my SG with no cutouts. They are injection molded fiberglass. Fit and finish inside and out was very nice. My painter said there was very little prep work. I am taking it one step at a time when I can afford it. Rear fender will be next and will probably be Milwaukee Bagger also.

Quick Reply: stretched saddlebag help/opinions