Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stretched saddlebag help/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YtseJam, your bike looks great, the fit has to be a priority so they line up as they should. Personally I like the Sinister fender but I like the shroud by Bad Dad.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:28 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
All this talk of fenders and bags makes me want some now.

You're in trouble now....

Old 08-08-2010, 12:30 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Originally Posted by phat96
YtseJam, your bike looks great, the fit has to be a priority so they line up as they should. Personally I like the Sinister fender but I like the shroud by Bad Dad.
Thanks!

Definately some excellent choices out there, which shroud were you talking about, the dash or tank?

Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
BigDaddyOC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't tell you how many times over the last couple months I've flipped back and forth. First I struggled with doing it at all since I've had a few tell me don't do it cause I'll drag them. I ride two up ALOT so that did concern me but in the end its the look I want so I'll adjust the suspension accordingly. This being my big upgrades this winter (not that we have a winter in SoCal) i'm struggling with this choice as we speak. But as others have said in the end it will come down to who's total package I like, because I agree, you should have matching fender and bags for the guaranteed fit.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:45 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tank shroud, I'll have to check the dash shroud on there site. I sold the RK and looking for a RG to do this on.

Big Daddy, with skid plates who cares, and if you do an air suspension then you control height and weight of the bike. The length of bags provided by top shop is nice and so is the angle or shape of the bag.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigDaddyOC
I can't tell you how many times over the last couple months I've flipped back and forth. First I struggled with doing it at all since I've had a few tell me don't do it cause I'll drag them. I ride two up ALOT so that did concern me but in the end its the look I want so I'll adjust the suspension accordingly. This being my big upgrades this winter (not that we have a winter in SoCal) i'm struggling with this choice as we speak. But as others have said in the end it will come down to who's total package I like, because I agree, you should have matching fender and bags for the guaranteed fit.
Mine is a 2001, so I actually put the Street Glide rear treatment on it at first....but after a while knew that I wouldn't be happy unless I went all out. I've never scraped, even two up and before I installed air ride. But you definately have to be aware of your lean angle. If that's an issue, or you like to ride around with the bike slammed, plan on having issues.

Attached Thumbnails stretched saddlebag help/opinions-hdtri.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 12:49 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Originally Posted by phat96
Tank shroud, I'll have to check the dash shroud on there site. I sold the RK and looking for a RG to do this on.

Big Daddy, with skid plates who cares, and if you do an air suspension then you control height and weight of the bike. The length of bags provided by top shop is nice and so is the angle or shape of the bag.
I'm real glad I installed it, not very many bikes have one! Not hard to do, just a little tricky when it comes down to shaping it.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:05 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

This summer I've done the Dragon(129), Cherahola Skyway(143),the Snake(421), the Crooked Trail(58),Moonshine Run(209) and the Dragons Back(16) and have not laid a bag on the asphalt yet. Bike has the stock SG suspension. You just have to remember that they are there and ride accordingly. My stuff is TJD Customs.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These are the Topshop 4" with a Baggerbills Gatortail fender and i scrape everynow an then you just have to watch out when you are coming in or out of a road or gas station or driveway with a dip in it, but i have put skidplates and im not worried about them anymore.

Attached Thumbnails stretched saddlebag help/opinions-bg.jpg   stretched saddlebag help/opinions-bike_reveal_010.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 09:02 PM
BigDaddyOC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This topic got me back to thinking...and I just realized something. I went back and started looking at all these. Which fender can I use that still allows use of the detachable backrest and the stealth rack? This bike is still a rider and the wife and I will throw some soft luggage on the back and go. But looking around it appears these all eliminate the rear bar, which is now my stealth rack, and I'm even questioning if they allow the detachable backrest?

Quick Reply: stretched saddlebag help/opinions