Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 in a 65 and he ticketed me w/ 4 points

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 79 in a 65 and he ticketed me w/ 4 points

Got pick-off and then chased by a Colorado Officer 79mph in a 65...He was nice enough so I guess I was also but I still got a citation 169 bucks and 4 points...thats crazy.

Does anyone know if these points will carry to PA where I live?

Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra61
Got pick-off and then chased by a Colorado Officer 79mph in a 65...He was nice enough so I guess I was also but I still got a citation 169 bucks and 4 points...thats crazy.

I don't know if the points transfer. It seems to me that most states trade info these days, but I just don't know for a fact.

I got unlucky twice this week. First ticketed for an improper pass in Montana. I was behind a line of traffic all held up by a camper doing between 55 and 60 in a 70. I pulled out to pass, but got hung out when I needed to get back in line, and traffic was coming from the other direction. It was a sketchy move, and I don't blame the officer for the ticket. Today, though, I got tagged for 84 in a 75. I was moving with a lot of other traffic, I was just the unlucky one who got pulled over. That was a cool hundred bucks on top of the 85 I paid Montana. Oh well. If I hadn't been speeding, I wouldn't have been pulled over, I guess.

It's not like I'm going to go back to Sheridan to fight the ticket, either. I think when you're from out of state, and you get pulled over, you're pretty much gonna get a ticket.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are a lucky man. Virginia just went to reckless driving for 11 over in July! Points most likley will transfer, but may take a while.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

What are points, I've never known anything about them?
Self note....never go to Virginia!

Old 08-07-2010, 12:36 AM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
You are a lucky man. Virginia just went to reckless driving for 11 over in July! Points most likley will transfer, but may take a while.
That's nuts! In CO it's > 25 over the speed limit to get a wreckless driving ticket.

BTW boogaloodude - Way to man up and own responsibility for the tickets. Seen a lot of whining on here lately by people who admit they broke the law but didn't "deserve" the ticket.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:49 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Do you have a CDL? It surely will transfer. Wow I just got back from Colorado, got lucky never saw a cop except in Durango on a bicycle.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Did you already pay the ticket? Some states will work a deal and let you serve a non-supervised probation period that keeps points off your record. You still pay the ticket but they don't put it on your record. If you still have the ticket check the back for a phone number and call the court clerk. The clerk can tell you what you need to know.

Originally Posted by Certified Drunk
What are points, I've never known anything about them?
Self note....never go to Virginia!
Some states give points for each violation you commit, the worse the violation the more points you get. When you reach a preset total of points they suspend or revoke your license.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Reckless for 11 over!!?????? If that is true, it will be changed before too long. Folks will raise cane with their reps. and senators. That is ridiculous!!!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I see these threads and am not looking forward to coming back to the states to drive. Driving in Italy is like the wild west here. In my cage, I am usually cruising just behind traffic at 95-100 mph, won't do that on the bike though, takes the enjoyment out of riding. I will say though that traffic citations are a great source of revenue for the authorities. I know before I left NE Florida 20 months ago, they were cracking down on traffic to help fund other emergency services (fire, EMS, etc...). Hmmm, I just re-read this and I just rambled with no points. Sorry,

Old 08-07-2010, 03:22 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here in Ca 20 over gets you wreckless. I have one ticket on my record for 81 in the 65. i have a CDL and can't risk another ticket or my employer will frown big time. I have to do the limit for another few years.

Quick Reply: 79 in a 65 and he ticketed me w/ 4 points