Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 in a 65 and he ticketed me w/ 4 points

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:10 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Va., D.C., and Maryland Transfer. Del and N.J. do not. Well, they didn't for me anyway. It did show up on the driving record, but didn't explain the whole violation or infraction. Slow down to 30 when approaching the Del Bridge ezpass from the Jersey side and don't go over 85 in a 65 on the Jersey TP.
Speeding, in my opinion does not constitute agressive driving, it connotates impatient driving. I CAN'T DRIVE 55!!

cass

Old 08-07-2010, 08:20 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtone
I read where VA started this aggressive driving campaign which tacks on when you are 11 mph over. If you see how they drive down there you would know why they are cracking down.
That is correct, 11 over now REQUIRES a court appearance AND adds a $1050 premium to the fine, payable directly to DMW...It is on the books. Aggressive drivers in this state are killing a lot of folks.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:51 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Got to love being law abiding hard working with deep pockets to pay tickets.....hey if your speeding your speeding right....11 miles over just a way to make more money and we just keep right on taking, high fee's, higher taxes, registry fee's in my state are crazy but hey if we just keep paying they will just keep taking.

VOTE in 2012 I'm begging ya VOTE them all out......

Mental Note and written down so I never lose it..Stay out of Virginia

Attached Thumbnails 79 in a 65 and he ticketed me w/ 4 points-picturebike8copy.jpg  
Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
All you people that are complaining about wild and crazy drivers should come to Houston and drive around a little.
They have to be the rudest & fastest drivers in the country.

Dallas has more vehicles and is a pain to drive in, but Houston is the rudest.

Here's a funny and true story, a doctor (an older gentleman) from Lufkin was driving in Houston and got pulled over by the police and the cop asked him (as they usually do) "Sir do you know why I stopped you?" The old doc just said "Yes sir I do, I'm the only son of a bitch you could catch".
Now that's funny!*********** BTW, I think I know that Doctor!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:21 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

That whole 11 over in Va. thing is only true in a 70 mph speed zone....because anything over 80 mph is and has been writeable as RD by speed in Virginia for a long time. In speed zones under 70 mph, you have to be going 20 over before you can be written for RD.

http://leg1.state.va.us/000/cod/46.2-862.HTM

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 08-07-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:32 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy Mustang
......... And the cop actually had the nerve to complement me on my bike after writing me the ticket. Unbelievable....
I guess you would have been happier if he was a complete A Hole and treated you like a piece of road trash.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know if it New Mexico still does it , but i got a ticket there about 15 yrs ago. Policeman gave me the ticket with an addressed envelope, and told me if I paid it right away, that would the end of it. It was never reported to texas.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
jaxbusa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coiledup
Pulled us BOTH over and ticketed us, 65 in a 45 (was going faster but got slowed down). Cost me $165. And the cop actually had the nerve to complement me on my bike after writing me the ticket. Unbelievable. But I WAS speeding, just hate that he wouldn't give me a break...I think he complimented your bike out of spite. And you didn't deserve a break. The old saying goes don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Amen. That sound like saying, "I kept my air conditioning at 60 when it was 90 outside and now my bill is $600. I shouldn't have to pay that."

you know the speed limit and you know you will be facing a fine if you go over it. I just don't understand. Also, imagine if police did nothing but write warnings for traffic violations. People would care even less than they do now. As it is right now in my area, I have to wait for everyone to run the red light before I can proceed through my green one.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra61
Got pick-off and then chased by a Colorado Officer 79mph in a 65...He was nice enough so I guess I was also but I still got a citation 169 bucks and 4 points...thats crazy.

Does anyone know if these points will carry to PA where I live?
I doubt the points will transfer as most states have different type of point structures. A record of conviction will transfer to PA and will likely show up as out of state speed citation. More than likely your insurance company will see it tho ....

Old 08-07-2010, 11:46 AM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
Did you already pay the ticket? Some states will work a deal and let you serve a non-supervised probation period that keeps points off your record. You still pay the ticket but they don't put it on your record. If you still have the ticket check the back for a phone number and call the court clerk. The clerk can tell you what you need to know.

Some states give points for each violation you commit, the worse the violation the more points you get. When you reach a preset total of points they suspend or revoke your license.
Good advice. At one time every state out west would not send the information to your home state if you paid the ticket promptly.

Quick Reply: 79 in a 65 and he ticketed me w/ 4 points