Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Parts Catalog

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Parts Catalog

In the past I received a parts catalog in the mail. This year I didn't receive one and called the local shop. They said that they were not mailing them anymore and that they were reserving the 2011 books they had for people who were going to purchase a 2011 and didn't have any extra to spare.

I have bought 3 motorcycles from this dealer and now I can't get a parts catalog!!! Too bad they aren't thinking through the fact that perhaps, just perhaps the person they turn away is planning to purchase a new bike this year.

I mean with an average 40% markup on parts, you'd think they'd give a few books away.

While I am on my soapbox---
Dealers, this is the main reason I have taken my business out of town and to the internet. Not because of money savings, but because of cheapness and forgetting who your loyal customers are as soon as they walk out the door.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Ol Biker
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:09 PM
valvestem
Road Captain

Yep, I USED to get them every year too. Not so for as long as I can remember though. The last time I saw something I liked in the catalog was much more than I would have paid for it, so I went without.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts
Talking

i got my free parts book from anothere dealer walked in got it walk out very simply

Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 PM
TickTock
Club Member

This is why I wont buy another bike from this dealer and anything else is under duress. It's amazing to me that in this economic time they still hold customer service to those dropping 5k at a pop.

They try to schlep this dumb a$$ points cards on you every time you make a purchase - the ones that give you points and then after so much you get harley bucks, woohoo. Basically boiling down to a 10% savings after you purchase it towards a later purchase. This is what originally slowed down my purchases there - I had to listen to 5 minutes on why I was stupid to not give 30 bucks for this privilege after waiting anywhere from 15-30 minutes to get some help at an empty parts counter.

Anyhow - I am purchasing a 2011 with a few accessories. Too bad they don't get it...

Old 08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Just called my dealer and asked if they had any of the 2011 catalogs. They said sure how many do you want. I haven't bought a new bike since '08. They have also had free brats & dogs every Saturday during the riding season (April 1 thru October) since they opened 8 years ago. It just depends on the dealer.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by Springerfan
It just depends on the dealer.
Exactly my point. So when the local town dealer cries about not selling me the new bike, this will be why. I drive 50 miles up the road and get excellent service.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't tried to get an '11 catalog yet. Just went to try to see the new colors, but stock on the new bikes was very limited. Didn't even think about asking for a catalog. But I have changed dealers. I'm riding 20 miles to a place where I can believe the service guys and where labor and scheduled maintenance costs are lower. Started checking on other dealers when a service guy tried to tell me I needed a new tire two weeks after I replaced it. Guess he forgot. Last time they touched my bike.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:25 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TickTock
In the past I received a parts catalog in the mail. This year I didn't receive one and called the local shop. They said that they were not mailing them anymore and that they were reserving the 2011 books they had for people who were going to purchase a 2011 and didn't have any extra to spare.

I have bought 3 motorcycles from this dealer and now I can't get a parts catalog!!! Too bad they aren't thinking through the fact that perhaps, just perhaps the person they turn away is planning to purchase a new bike this year.

I mean with an average 40% markup on parts, you'd think they'd give a few books away.

While I am on my soapbox---
Dealers, this is the main reason I have taken my business out of town and to the internet. Not because of money savings, but because of cheapness and forgetting who your loyal customers are as soon as they walk out the door.
I went to my dealer for some simple warranty repair this last Monday. When I walked through the door, the parts guy that I normally deal with motioned me over there and handed me one without me even asking.

Guess it depends on the dealer.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Harleydog1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just stopped by my dealer today for a look at my seat with a rip at the stiches. While there they asked if I had a few mins. to do the tank upgrade, said sure. Walked over the parts counter where a large stack of the 2011 catalogs where sitting. Parts guy motioned to me to take one as he was on the phone. I held up two fingers and he motioned sure... Got one for me and my bud.

I might ad that they could not have been better about replacing the seat. I thought I wanted the CVO seat and pay the diff, no problem. Then the Service Mgr. suggested I sit on the 2011 SG for a feel. He was right, great improvement and I get a store credit as the 2011 is cheaper than the 2009. Great Guys there....

Quick Reply: 2011 Parts Catalog