Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decel poping with pcv

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decel poping with pcv

Any one know if it is as easy to stop this with a SE tuner with smart tune as it is with the pc? I changed o the 0 colums with the pc5 and pretty much stopped it but would like to switch to the SE unit and am a little intiminated by it and seem to think i will have trouble getting help with adjustment questions.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:06 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
Any one know if it is as easy to stop this with a SE tuner with smart tune as it is with the pc? I changed o the 0 colums with the pc5 and pretty much stopped it but would like to switch to the SE unit and am a little intiminated by it and seem to think i will have trouble getting help with adjustment questions.
I have a PCV and did the same thing you did to eliminate popping. Took 10 minutes to modify the map on my PC and transfer it to the PCV.
Personally, I would never consider switching from PCV to SEST.
Any good reason for it?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 112 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I have a PCV and did the same thing you did to eliminate popping. Took 10 minutes to modify the map on my PC and transfer it to the PCV.
Any good reason for it?
Yeah, he wants to properly tune his bike!

The SE tuners are very easy to work with and will allow adjustments of decel enleanment (your popping problem) as well as many other necessary adjustments to properly tune your bike.
More than likely they have a base map that will already have the proper settings which will have you running great with one download.

It amazes me that people think you can take away a very important tuning features on a bike like the O2 sensors then limit you to a very few that can adjust and think they are getting a good tune.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior

Have had both and both are great. If you don't have a good base map both will suck. Can you do more with the SERT than the PVC. Yes provided you have a very good tuner. I didn't one time with the SERT and my bike popped every time I backed off the gas.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Smarttune

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Any good reason for it?
I would like to try the HD tuner with smarttune seeing i have that system too. I have the pcv now and it works but i really hate the way it gets squeezed in on the bike and piggy backed off the ecu. I would like to have the o2 sensors hooked up and try tuning with the closed system. I don't plan on any tuning other than the canned map and smarttune adjusting. This is what i am asking,can i adjust this smarttune system myself with limited computer skills? I adjusted my pcv myself but feel that it is not allowing my ecu to use all its functions properly on the bike.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just changed my PC5 to the new TTS on my 08 Ultra SE3. What a performance difference. Better acceleration, smoother idle no popping and much smoother and pulls better through the entire RPM range to 6200 RPM and the tach doesn't quit at 4500 RPM like on the PCV. Also easier starting and you can make adjustments to the map on your PC and download on the bike like the Power Commander. Easier to work with and you can do a lot more with the TTS.

Last edited by SteveO; 08-06-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I run a PCV from Fuel Moto with Jamie's base map. Bike runs great.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:36 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SteveO
I just changed my PC5 to the new TTS on my 08 Ultra SE3. What a performance difference. Better acceleration, smoother idle no popping and much smoother and pulls better through the entire RPM range to 6200 RPM and the tach doesn't quit at 4500 RPM like on the PCV. Also easier starting and you can make adjustments to the map on your PC and download on the bike like the Power Commander. Easier to work with and you can do a lot more with the TTS.
Did you tune the TTS yourself or have it Dyno tuned at a shop/dealer? Are there decent canned base maps to get started with the TTS?

Old 08-07-2010, 12:23 PM
XRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TI06
I run a PCV from Fuel Moto with Jamie's base map. Bike runs great.
Ditto