Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honest Opinion

I have my 05 Ultra in the shop, getting the stator replaced. Was going to upgrade to the Cycle Electric 50 amp system, but decided I might be either selling or trading the bike by spring.
I am going to get this(The Fuel Moto EFI Tuner and Stage 1 air cleaner )mainly because Jamie said it would help with the heat issue. So here is the question for those that have installed this or other like systems.

How much did it really help with the heat on the right side? My wife is almost to the point of not riding because of the heat.

Joe

Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 AM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts
Thumbs up

Giving your engine more fuel cools her down quite a bit. They are set lean at the factory to comply with emission laws. I installed a V&H FuelPak and K&N filter. What a difference in operating temp. Still gets mighty hot this time of year though. 95+here in MO.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:37 AM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts
Talking

By the way, visited your HD dealership whilst on vacation from Joplin. Nice place!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 AM
PDDGM
Road Master

Never been there, live about 130 miles or so from Joplin, and yea it has been one hot *** summer. Hope the tuner helps.

Joe

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PDDGM
I have my 05 Ultra in the shop, getting the stator replaced. Was going to upgrade to the Cycle Electric 50 amp system, but decided I might be either selling or trading the bike by spring.
I am going to get this(The Fuel Moto EFI Tuner and Stage 1 air cleaner )mainly because Jamie said it would help with the heat issue. So here is the question for those that have installed this or other like systems.

How much did it really help with the heat on the right side? My wife is almost to the point of not riding because of the heat.

Joe
It will help tremendously.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:37 PM
PDDGM
Road Master

Only one opinion, come on fella's help a fella out.

Joe

Old 08-07-2010, 07:11 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PDDGM
Only one opinion, come on fella's help a fella out.

Joe
Probably because your question has been answered.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:28 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bike will run so much better and be more rideable, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. It will make it cooler too. Some people don't like the idea of tru duals, but if you can live with the slight low end torque loss (not enough for me to notice) it will cool down the right side considerably too. It'll sound better and help make the wife happy as well.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 AM
PDDGM
Road Master

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Probably because your question has been answered.

I mean no disrespect, but that is the kind of answer that makes a lot of riders leave this forum and not return. If you don't have anything constructive to add, keep you piehole shut. I always like more than one opinion on a product before I buy it and I am sure most here are the same.

Joe

Old 08-07-2010, 08:34 AM
PDDGM
Road Master

Originally Posted by SG 1
The bike will run so much better and be more rideable, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. It will make it cooler too. Some people don't like the idea of tru duals, but if you can live with the slight low end torque loss (not enough for me to notice) it will cool down the right side considerably too. It'll sound better and help make the wife happy as well.
Thanks to those that answered my question. I am on a budget and can't just pour money into the bike like there is no end to it. I am going to order the tuner and air cleaner package on Tues, and give it a shot. Will run them for a month or so and then report. We have a Rally coming up in Arkansas and the wife and I will ride down. That will be the test to see if the heat gets better, I am not expecting it to be gone, just drop enough that she can ride for longer than an hour at a time.

Joe

Quick Reply: Honest Opinion